The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 06:22 PM

indymatt is on a distinguished road
Default G Loomis Metolius Replace with East Fork

I had a 6 weight Metolius Fly Rod that I loved to death. It was the best fly rod that I have ever owned. It fit my casting stroke perfectly and then it broke earlier this year. Loomis replaced it quickly without issue but gave me it's replacement the East Fork. I can't stand this rod! Where the metolius felt like an extension of my body this feels like a broomstick. I have tried overlining to soften the action but it doesn't help. I literally feel like I am going to throw my shoulder out in order to cast.

Wish I just got a metolius!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:33 PM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: G Loomis Metolius Replace with East Fork

Why not give them a call and explain what you liked about the metolius and dislike about the east fork. See if they have a suggestion for a better fit. Maybe pay the difference if a better fit costs a bit more. Or, sell the east fork and buy a metolius on e-bay???
Old 08-22-2011, 06:53 PM

ncflyboy will become famous soon enoughncflyboy will become famous soon enough

Indy,

Be of good cheer! There's lots of fantastic rods to choose from! Go out and cast some!

Cheers,

Robert
Old 08-22-2011, 08:19 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

I know exactly what you mean.
My Achilles heel is my BIIx. Fit's my casting to a tee. But there are some people out there that will never understand what we mean.
I say you should call Loomis, and ask them for a Metolius and you won't settle for anything less.
New Metolius or give you your money back! They have to have extra rods or blanks on hand.
Good luck, and I hope you get the M back.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:33 PM

I will give them a call back and see what they say. If anything it will be sold.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i totally agree with mojo,
call and request either a new metoilius or a refund! if they cant accommodate either than i may take my business elsewhere.

casey

ARFE
Old 08-23-2011, 10:17 AM

I called G Loomis and they were very kind. They are going to replace the East Fork with their new Pro4X rod. It is downgrade in price however I don't care as I really really disliked the East Fork. So it looks as if it will work out just fine.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymatt View Post
I called G Loomis and they were very kind. They are going to replace the East Fork with their new Pro4X rod. It is downgrade in price however I don't care as I really really disliked the East Fork. So it looks as if it will work out just fine.
Loomis Wins Back-to-Back “Best Fly Rod” - Fly Fisherman
Old 08-26-2011, 01:14 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymatt View Post
------------------------------------------------------------

indy

Hope you will add a review of your new PRO4X to this thread after fishing the rod. Good Luck!
imxer

From THE SPANISH FLY WEBSITE: "Three bottom sections of GL3 material give the rods their durability and lifting power while a tip section of NRX material give them the ability to make very crisp, highly directional casts."

Last edited by imxer; 08-26-2011 at 04:25 PM.