The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 12:47 PM

tombass123 is on a distinguished road
Default Where to get replacement butt cap for G. Loomis 8wt?

Hello!
I'm new to this site but look forward to reading some great reports in the future!
Anyway, so here is my problem:
The butt of my CrossCurrent recently broke off.
Not a huge issue, but I don't feel that it's necessary to send it back to Loomis for a 30 second repair.
Anyone know where to get a replacement cap (website or shop near Baltimore, MD)?

Thank you!
Tom

EDIT: tried to post a pic but keeps coming up as red x... anyway to post pic from my computer instead of URL?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Where to get replacement butt cap for G. Loomis 8wt?

up load a pic to this site, (your profile) or a web host like picasa or image shack. To prevent the red x, make sure the album is public, otherwise the image wont show

To your other question, just contact G Loomis and ask them to ship one out to you and fix it yourself.

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum, for pictures this may help: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...ure-nafff.html

I'm glad you have joined our group and I agree with Eunan that contacting Loomis may be the fast track to replacement. I won't ask how that happened

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-27-2012, 03:27 PM

tombass123 is on a distinguished road

Dogs always eat the last things you'd expect!

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Problem solved.
Called G. Loomis and they shipped one out to me no cost to me and no questions asked.
That's good customer service!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:54 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Dog stew is pretty tasty if done right ...mmmmmmmmm
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 01-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Too weird!

When I opened this reply my dog started that low deep growl.....................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-27-2012, 05:43 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Deal! I used to look at warranty cards, and all the mumbo jumbo written on them, and thought that working with manufacturers would be a hassle. When I finally called one of the premium manufacturers, they were very friendly and helpful. Even Okuma sent a drag knob 2-day Fedex for free!