The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 09:31 AM

mirimichi fisher is on a distinguished road
Default returned rod

Hey everybody!I took my rod back and had it replaced.This is not the first time though.The first rod i returned had the same problem,the handle worked loose after about 2 wks of fishing.The rod was a Emery Jupiter 9ft 8/9 wt and cost $100.I took it back and replaced it with a Emery Streamside 9ft 9wt for $150 and sure enough after about 2wks of fishing the same thing happened , handle worked loose!!!jdgrubbjr recommened a couple of rods(echo classic series,temple fork outfitters)But they did not have these rods in stock.I decided on a GLoomis Frontier in a 9ft 9wt.The dealer told me this is the best quality rod that he carries and he told me I should'nt have this problem with this rod,I hope so.Its a very nice rod and casts beautifully even though I am quite new to fly fishing. Does anyone have one of these rods and have any comments on it.Thanks for any input!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:40 PM

jdgrubbjr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: returned rod

I am familiar with G. Loomis rods (great rods) but not the Frontier series. According to what I have read, Frontier Rods are a division of G. Loomis Canada, and appear to be manufactured in Canada. I can't imagine G. Loomis letting their name be associated with anything unless it was a pretty good product. By the way, if you want to read more, look at G.Loomis Canada :: Home Page

Enjoy your new rod!