The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 06:37 PM
wyefly is on a distinguished road
Default GATTI Fly Rods

hi, has anyone had any experience with gatti fly rods?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: GATTI Fly Rods

Hi wyefly,

I have never used them or even seen one. Mud Hole Custom Tackle sells the Gatti blanks and you might want to talk to them about the blanks. Are you wanting to build a rod or buy a complete rod?
Old 08-18-2007, 05:00 PM
wyefly is on a distinguished road

hi frank, thanks for the info, i have seen a complete rod on e-bay and was wanting to know if anyone had any experience with them.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:18 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

If I were you, I'd hold off on an E bay item. Here's the guy that is the US distributor. Great guy named Brian. Gatti USA GATTI USA HOME PAGE
From what I understand they are a dynamite rod. Light and accurate. Very well built.
Tell him Mojo sent you.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:26 PM

Roughrider will become famous soon enoughRoughrider will become famous soon enough

I used a buddy's 4wt Gatti, absolutely loved it. Tried to buy it from him, but no dice!!! Caught some really nice fish on the Frying Pan with it, hooked and fought a 26" or so bow in the toilet bowl, lost it due to pilot error, rod did not let me down!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:37 PM

NMrodblder is on a distinguished road

I have built a few Gatti's, and had to warrenty one. Sadro Gatti(Owner) was pretty good about it.
These are the lightest rods I have ever used (4 and 5 wts). Gattis has a couple of lines of interest ( the progressive blank and the tip actions). I have fished them both. The Tip actions are wonderful with dry flies, but are a little sluggish if you use big nymphs (12 and above) in the weights I have used. Don't get folled into thinking they are not strong because of their weight. I have put mine through some pretty demanding bends and they have always come out good. The warrenty and people are as good as I have every worked with. They take some time sending replacements, but have never given me any hassle.
If you want more info, contact me. I am not a distributor or anything, I have jsut had some good and bad experiences with GATTI