The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree587Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

Ard, Ard, Ard... beautific!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Thanks Jackster,

You know; I have only one Winston rod but I believe it is one of the biggest, fattest, longest, heaviest, rods they made so I really got my monies worth on that one

You too Casey,

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 PM

jasalvas will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
Hey Ard love the rod almost as much as the scenery! That dark green is my favorite rod color with the runner up being a dark brown.
Here's a pair of mine in their natural habitat.
Click the image to open in full size.
Great Photo Siskiyoublues! What was that shot at? 1.2??
von behr likes this.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:54 AM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

thanks!
and 2.0 with a 28mm I think. maybe 2.8

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:56 PM

Falk will become famous soon enough

von behr and krikau27 like this.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Falk!

I see you are finding your way around the forum & sharing your Love for tackle. Your old Pflueger reels are beautiful. I should welcome you to the forum officially, so...........

Ard

Old 05-02-2012, 03:18 PM

Falk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
thanks!
and 2.0 with a 28mm I think. maybe 2.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Nice Falk!

I see you are finding your way around the forum & sharing your Love for tackle. Your old Pflueger reels are beautiful. I should welcome you to the forum officially, so...........

Ard
Thank you! I tried tp PM you, don´t know if it worked.
(I have a couple of Hardys too, might post some pics).

Happy to be here guys!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Beautiful picture there, Falk! Makes me want to get out fishing

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Administrator

I am done now........ maybe I've been trying to find one of these for a year. This one is coming from the UK and may be here when I return from Pennsylvania. I am not a fan of fast action rods especially in the long rods. The Winston Spey rod has a great action but I have been wanting one that would be similar to my 13' 9 weight in size and weight but with a full flex action.

This rod is a new 1982 13' 9" rated for a #9 line. I'm waiting for the manufacturer to respond to e-mail and tell me what modern line in grains it might need. Trial and error are not an option because I'm putting the Carron Jetstream lines on these rods. I'm thinking in the 75' head length on this one. This line gives you a total 150 foot length and a good head for fly control.

Anyway these are the pictures until I get the rod here. My Cascapedia now has a proper mate

I look at the bright side, now I have extras if someone else wants to try the big rods

Old 05-10-2012, 02:50 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Gotta love those ferrule plugs...well done!