The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree560Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 PM

petee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

This has to be my favorite plastic rod I have built. Usually I'm elbow deep in Bamboo. St. Croix Imperial 11'6" 5 wt. switch. Built it for the surf, but can't bring myself to get salt on the Nickel Silver.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks for looking,
Pete
Joni, Hardyreels, von behr and 4 others like this.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

thats puuurrrdddy. The cork is awesome.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

My new winston BIIt and lamson speedster, spooled up with SA mastery textures series trout stalker fly line. I cuddle with this thing at night!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:21 PM

leithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura about

That's very nice! Enjoy it!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:50 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Nice stuff man! How do you like the trout stalker on that rod? I am debating putting it on my 8' 3wt BIIt,
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I was iffy at first. Then, I got used to it. Then, I fell in love with it. The thing about that rod with that line is to really slow down your stroke and lengthen it. That rod is butter smooth and will do all the work for you if you let it
Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

You have to slow down with the BIIts no matter the line. A friend has one with Rio ST DT on it and it needs to load before you can cast it well- but I fell in love with it. I am just debating a DT line vs the Stalker.

Last edited by newby; 02-11-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
I was iffy at first. Then, I got used to it. Then, I fell in love with it. The thing about that rod with that line is to really slow down your stroke and lengthen it. That rod is butter smooth and will do all the work for you if you let it
Post a review of that reel when you can. I literally don't have a rod that "needs" a reel. But since I am a unabashed acquirer of overpriced fly gear ...aka gear junky ( see abel nipper thread hahaha ) I've been wanting to try one of those new speedsters.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM

I will definitely do that. I had a 5 pounder on into my drag on that rod and reel. It was damn fun!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread: Ready Baby!

Box (afternoon's worth anyway) topped off varnish is dry and it looks like there is a weather window to swing up a lake run brown or bow!

Yesterday I got out on the grass and really tried to throw some line, at 7'4" it just tosses a lot of line out there, with control too! I can't wait to get to the river!!