The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree598Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 04:03 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

Wt your Boo came out awesome! The box is very cool looking as well! The pic looks like something out of an old Orvis catalog! Nice job enjoy the stick!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 AM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

I finally got around to taking a pic of my rods for this thread...some don't see much river time but I don't have the heart to part with them as I like knowing they are in my quiver "just in case." I do alot of research in picking out rods which is another reason i don't usually part with them. Each rod seems to have a special story to go along with it. I think its a well rounded assortment, but I'm always left looking for more! Contrary to popular opinion, I clean my cork after once a year and the fish gods haven't seemed to care...yet.

Enjoy!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by ghocevar; 02-13-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:17 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
I finally got around to taking a pic of my rods for this thread...some don't see much river time but I don't have the heart to part with them as I like knowing they are in my quiver "just in case." I do alot of research in picking out rods which is another reason i don't usually part with them. Each rod seems to have a special story to go along with it. I think its a well rounded assortment, but I'm always left looking for more! Contrary to popular opinion, I clean my cork after once a year and the fish gods haven't seemed to care...yet.

Enjoy!

You're a man after my own heart! That's a great shot of your rods and good logic as to why to keep them. I've parted with a few but now have my quiver thinned out to rods that I am not willing to part with. At this point anyway I just gave my rods a cleaning over the weekend with furniture polish and cleaned up the metal on the reel seats. I've got one more coming in but will need to post a photo of them all lined up.
Hardyreels and ghocevar like this.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

If you decide you dont like that Bass II I know where it can go hang out and be welcomed
ghocevar likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Guys,

Hey Jason, Greg looks to be a candidate for the Tackle Junkies Group does he not?
ghocevar, jaybo41 and caseywise like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
If you decide you dont like that Bass II I know where it can go hang out and be welcomed
Got a pretty good deal on that with the 230gr line on a 4280 Sage reel on eBay. I hope I didn't snipe you on that one!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Nope, I have a Bass I and I really dig the new blank and reel seat colors. I might pick one up later when they decide to discontinue it later in the year ( or so I hope ). I would like it in the 330/390 wt.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-13-2013, 02:31 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Guys,

Hey Jason, Greg looks to be a candidate for the Tackle Junkies Group does he not?
He ABSOLUTELY does Ard! An ideal candidate, one that obviously shares our passion for tackle!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:26 PM

leithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura about

Thank you so much for posting this. You have certainly taken a lot of strain off of my marriage.

Fred
Hardyreels and jaybo41 like this.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 PM

leithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura about

Fenwick FF85 2 piece "I" serial number.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.