The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree560Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

yes they really are, and having the two next to each other is glorious. Only real reason I bought it is because of the super crazy deal I got on it. Cant even buy a TCX blank for wehat I paid for that

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-27-2013, 07:02 AM

krikau27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
New stuff!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Its casts like a total beast. I put my 8wt reel and line on it and was just fine. I would like better line for it though so I will get another reel and line to match
Try matching it with 18gram shooting head. Or if you only want wf line Zpey Ultimo wf7f works great.

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk2
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:12 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I'll have to look into it. Im torn between GPX and Rio outbound Short II. I have the GPX on my 5wt and its gnarly, my buddy at the shop has the Short II on his 7wt TCX and he said its an absolute cannon.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-27-2013, 08:11 AM

krikau27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I'll have to look into it. Im torn between GPX and Rio outbound Short II. I have the GPX on my 5wt and its gnarly, my buddy at the shop has the Short II on his 7wt TCX and he said its an absolute cannon.
Rio outbound short II? Didn't know there was a new version. But Rio Outbound short is also a popular integrated shootinghead. I haven't tried one, but I think it's popular here in Denmark for saltwater use.

I have a GPX Hover #7 it works great on the rod, but I'm going away from intermediate lines. Thought about getting a GPX floating line for it, but my shootinghead system works perfect. Besides I already have a perfect wf line for it if I want to have a break from shootinghead.

Kim.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:26 AM

maybe im getting mixed up between the Outbound II and the outbound short.... yes you are right, after a quick check of Rios' site. I have the outbound short on my 6wt and it seems to push the flies, but certain bigger flies it struggles with. I don't know, I might just have to try a couple out.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 08-01-2013, 04:20 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Here are my fly rods:

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Not that I need any new ones, but my next will probably be a second 5-wt. Right now I have the Sage SLT in a 5-wt, but I'm going to check out the Radian and the Sage One...eventually.

-VB
Hardyreels, jaybo41 and grouch like this.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:46 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

That Orvis looks out of place, you should just send it my way
Hardyreels and von behr like this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 08-01-2013, 08:27 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
That Orvis looks out of place, you should just send it my way
You're absolutely right, Baseman. He gets bullied all the time by the other sticks. They're like a little gang. I have to keep them separated or the carbon fiber shards start flying. Alas, Winston is his only ally.

-VB
Hardyreels, krikau27 and baseman1 like this.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

What a nice bunch of rods from everyone!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-02-2013, 01:58 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

Just picked up a couple of Steve Godshall customs
von behr and baseman1 like this.