The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree542Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 07:48 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

Reminds me of some of the blanks Epic is building.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-09-2014, 07:49 AM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
I have never seen a Kabuto before; this rod is beautiful!
they have a few other colors that are just as striking

im scared to know just how much one built out just might cost
Old 01-09-2014, 12:02 PM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist_palm View Post
they have a few other colors that are just as striking

im scared to know just how much one built out just might cost
The Kabuto is made from "E" glass whereas the Epic from Swift is made from "S" glass. The Kabuto has a slower action. The picture doesn't do justice to the beauty of the rod and George (Tightloop Fly Rods) did an exceptional job building this for me. I chose to copy some of the components and colours from previous rods that he had built. It stands out in my collection of Hardy and Sage rods.
An Epic custom made by George will run you approx. $750.00 USD shipped and you will wait at least 4 months, so order early!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:09 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
The Kabuto is made from "E" glass whereas the Epic from Swift is made from "S" glass. The Kabuto has a slower action. The picture doesn't do justice to the beauty of the rod and George (Tightloop Fly Rods) did an exceptional job building this for me. I chose to copy some of the components and colours from previous rods that he had built. It stands out in my collection of Hardy and Sage rods.
An Epic custom made by George will run you approx. $750.00 USD shipped and you will wait at least 4 months, so order early!
I love the Kabuto. What weight rod is that?
Old 01-09-2014, 02:53 PM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by von behr View Post
I love the Kabuto. What weight rod is that?
The rod is a 7'-6" 4 weight 3 pc. (476-3). Light as a feather and a delight to cast, even for an inexperienced caster like myself.
Troutnut4
von behr likes this.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:57 AM

plecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really nice

I wish I could say I built this, but I didn't. It was done by Terry Henson on a Sage ESN 2100-4 blank.

Click the image to open in full size.

According to Terry:

The rod Has a Solid Burl Cork Handle tipped in Buffalo Horn and was extended two inches to accommodate multiple hand positions.

It has a Struble uplocking Nickel-Silver reel seat.

The wraps and the alignment dots have Terry's feather work, which is just excellent in my opinion.
milt spawn, baseman1 and bmbailes like this.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:22 PM

oregonism is a jewel in the roughoregonism is a jewel in the roughoregonism is a jewel in the rough

Was walking back from a flat today and decided to stop and grab a couple photos for reel and rod love threads. My current bonefish rig in it's natural habitat:

It's a 9' 8wt Redington Link with a Lamson Velocity 3.5. Probably the nicest setup I've owned. Very light and casts straight and smooth. Photo isn't great, but I only had my phone on me.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

What a beautiful place! I saw your reel post also but this picture is way better
oregonism likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-19-2014, 08:52 AM

oregonism is a jewel in the roughoregonism is a jewel in the roughoregonism is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
What a beautiful place! I saw your reel post also but this picture is way better
Yeah, I'm lucky to currently call it home. Still trying to unlock it's secrets, but I am realizing there are a lot of great fishing opportunities.

I need to remember that there are more species than just bonefish when they are being finicky... so far, the bonefishing here seems hugely dependent on the right conditions. As I get more comfortable on the flats here too, I will probably start bringing one my big cameras for some nicer imagery.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:15 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Newest addition to the family... My first Fenwick... Balances great with a 1495 1/2 DA... Now the ice just needs to go bye bye