The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree598Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
a few more
Click the image to open in full size.

casey
Casey,

I like the two with the really dirty cork, I figure they are the 2 best rods

mojo, I did notice but had not given it thought till now

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-11-2012, 07:12 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

How did she do it? Must be the whole goddess thing.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:17 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I need to do some more gear shots, but I really really like the Sage Bass rods, I bought this bluegill on super happy clearance. Just need to fish it in about 2 months and well bee golden.

I also have a Sage TCX which is a wonderful rod to cast and my St. Croix 3wt is probably my all around favorite rod I've ever owned.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

My S4 956 with a Super 6 mounted to it, from today on the river...... Wish I were posting this pic in the Steelhead pic thread.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

TFO TICR 8 wt. Not exactly eye candy but it's cheap workhorse. Hard to believe i paid less then a hundred bucks for it after a day on the river. Coupled with the Allen reel it's some serious budget performance.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:27 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

This thread is filling up fast with great gear. Here's one I left out; Sage Flight 8wt. It's nice and light for when my arm is tired from swinging the 9wt.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default My 6'3" Stealth Rod

You'll have to take my word that the picture is posted because of the Fly Rod and not just to show a fish. The rod is a home finished Lami Flex graphite blank; smoke gray wraps, black guides and reel hardware with rose wood insert and superfine grip. It is 6'3" long and works the same with a #5 or 6 line. I got the blanks because Thomas & Thomas offered a 6'3" Stealth rod in the early 90's and I wanted one, the problem was the price of the T&T, about 650 if I recall. So I made one for less than a hundred. I use it for steelhead fishing on small water because it'll cast a streamer like the Nine Three in the fish's mouth and it's short enough that you can cast and swing streamers just like you would on a river. It has proven over the years that it'll land fish up to 29" and 13 pounds and it'll do it pretty quick if your leader is up to the test. The fish in the picture was pretty good size but I don't know how big.

6'3" Lami Stealth Rod;

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
The serial numbers and the rod bag tell me T&T but the grip is throwing me off
The serial #'s are deceiving, not a T&T. That's why the handle cofused you. By the way, I talked to T&T, and I can get a 17' blank from them! Oh happy days!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:23 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
The serial #'s are deceiving, not a T&T. That's why the handle cofused you. By the way, I talked to T&T, and I can get a 17' blank from them! Oh happy days!
Here we go. Dan's got a new source for his Tenkara build.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:27 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
17' really, you're gonna hit the rod tip on the bridge when casting.

Dave