The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree542Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

yea ard the one with the darker cork is my albright gp 7'6" 3 weight.
hands down the best 45 dollars i've ever spent
Click the image to open in full size.
a real joy to fish

casey

ARFE
Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

They don't have to be expensive for you to love em Casey, nice rig you've got there.

Lots of great rods so far here people, I just went through the pages and some of you are really into the whole Rod Love thing aren't ya...

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-13-2012, 11:17 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

true ard!
i got eye on an old glass job right now. hope i can get it

btw ard, what model of henscshel did you get??

casey

ARFE
Old 02-14-2012, 08:36 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
The serial #'s are deceiving, not a T&T. That's why the handle cofused you. By the way, I talked to T&T, and I can get a 17' blank from them! Oh happy days!
That should get you one hell of a cast. Do you have to register it with the FAA to warn low flying aircraft?

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
This thread is filling up fast with great gear. Here's one I left out; Sage Flight 8wt. It's nice and light for when my arm is tired from swinging the 9wt.

I have that rod on the wall and have to admit, I think I fished it twice in 2 years. How do you like it?
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 AM

mysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to all

Here are a few of my tackle images.
Orvis Superfine 7'6" 4wt

G. Loomis Streamdance GLX 9' 5wt. Sorry for the lack of sharpness in this picture...this was right after I caught my first rainbow and was full of adrenalin

Orvis superfine again with another reel (trying to see which one suits it better)

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

This is from last Fall trip to the Smokies...I had a wonderful time with it catching a few brookies.

Scott A3 4wt

Old 02-14-2012, 02:01 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

What about love for flylines? Sometimes fishing is so slow the line is all you have to keep you busy
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 PM

bradyb will become famous soon enoughbradyb will become famous soon enough

Some very nice custom rods out there, but what really gets me are the feathers in Ard's first two pictures. How many jungle cock patches do you have Ard?

And the top secret rod looks like a Winston Derek Brown Favorite to me. I have an 8/9.....it's a serious rod for serious fish
Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyb View Post
Some very nice custom rods out there, but what really gets me are the feathers in Ard's first two pictures. How many jungle cock patches do you have Ard?

And the top secret rod looks like a Winston Derek Brown Favorite to me. I have an 8/9.....it's a serious rod for serious fish
Obviously I won't be able to slip anything past you Brady! About a dozen on those capes I think and that is the 10/11

Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM

bradyb will become famous soon enoughbradyb will become famous soon enough

I bet the 10/11 is for even seriouserererrrr.... fish. The 8/9 is one damn powerful rod. Have you lined her up yet?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Now you have a good excuse to get a 4.5" Perfect.

"but honey,...it's only reel that will balance this thing out!"
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Yes but not cast, all is ice here right now. I am looking for a 15 oz reel.