The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree560Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

After it was mentioned on the Reel Love thread which is full of our members favorite fly reels in photographic form, it seems that we could do with a picture thread for those much adored fly rods as well.

Here's the starter, a custom Flea and my trusty old Far & Fine.

Click the image to open in full size.

Followed by, 1995 9' PM-10 #5 rod and an 8' 6 weight Orvis.

On the water with a 13' #9 weight Spey rod;

I know there are more pictures of rods but I'll need to find them You guys are out there taking pictures of these like they are girlfriends so you might as well start putting them all in one spot
imxer, jaybo41, wt bash and 1 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

The top rod is my 15' 8/9 Meiser which I want buried with me. To steal a line from the movie 'Blades of Glory', I could not love a human child more. The bottom rod is my 9' 10 wt. Wintson BIIX. It's a close second. I've got a lot of rods, but those are my favorites.
Another shot of the Meiser.
Another shot of the Winston.
jaybo41 and gatortransplant like this.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:20 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Here are two rods I built in 1980. One is a 7'9" Orvis Far and Fine, the other a Scott Pow-R-Ply 8 1/2'/#5. My insert wraps were inspired by the great work of Russ Peak. These remained my favorit rods for about a 4 or 5 year period when they were both superceded by the next generation of Orvis rods, the Western Series and then new generations of materials and designs on to the present. However, having built them from quality blanks on my own they will always remain very special to me.

jaybo41 likes this.

Last edited by sweetandsalt; 02-10-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:22 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Here's my 10'6 Diawa Exceler 8wt in action on the Yampa River, CO
And the first outting of my 9' Albright A5-NS
I'll get close up images tonight and post them.
jaybo41 and krikau27 like this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-10-2012, 02:42 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Alot of character in those rods that have seen more use Mine are all pretty inexperienced but no less loved:

A Sage VXP 9' 9wt, never fished

My 9' 9wt Orvis Clearwater II and my son's 9' 6wt Redington Crosswater

My 8.5' 6wt Fenwick HMX

jaybo41 likes this.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:15 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Ard, I was wondering how long it would take to get this thread going. It's a natural followup to the Reel Love thread. Lots of great rods already on the first page. Those are some beauties Ard! I'll see what I can find on the PC to add to it, maybe get around to shooting a few this weekend.

DiverDan, that's a very impressive collection you have!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
DiverDan, that's a very impressive collection you have!
Thanks. It's only part of it though. I may have a small fishing addiction.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:53 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Thanks. It's only part of it though. I may have a small fishing addiction.

undiagnosed of course!

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

There are more, here's one I don't talk about. Got it after the winter set in and have not cast it yet

I'll do a better job of that once I have the reel that goes with it
baseman1 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-10-2012, 04:53 PM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

Awesome thread, great looking rods.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Hardy, in addition to the nice rods those are some nice looking capes with the rods.