The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 07:52 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Orvis Service Kudos

I had an Orvis Silver Label TL 9ft, 8wt. A very nice rod that I bought back around 2000. A buddy and I were out practice casting for an up-coming trip at a local soccer field. I had dis assembled the rod and laid the pieces on my tailgate while began putting the pieces in the rod bag. I stepped away for a minute, and my buddy, not seeing the pieces lying on the dark Rhino Liner coated tailgate slammed it shut. three sections got pinched, and broken.

I called Orvis and if they could have been nicer I don not know how! They offered several options to me, and I chose the offer of upgrading to the Helios rod for a total of $325, and it came in less than a week to my door. The 8wt rod retails for $825. It is an awesome rod! Lighter than I could believe possible, even lighter than my BVK. My hat is off to those people at Orvis, they know what customer service is all about!

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Orvis Service Kudos

You are preaching to the choir here Homer, I have one of the Silver Lable from the introduction year that I hope never breaks. It's a 9X9 and has been part of the team for a long tome. It's comforting to know that if something bad happened to it I'm covered. Mine is a 2 piece but essentially the same rod you had.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-10-2012, 11:08 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Orvis Service Kudos

Even on UK based boards Orvis gets:

Can't recall ever seeing their name where someone wasn't praising them to the heavens.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 PM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

Orvis has always been great to deal with. My latest, I wanted a new superfine touch but couldn't get past the gold hardware. The rod shop there is making me one with silver hardware. I can't wait!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 AM

frankthesurf is on a distinguished road

Fantastic service even here in the UK (where customer service can leave a bit to be desired!!)
Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Been their customer for 36yrs and have had great service the entire time!! All I can say on that!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-19-2012, 12:47 PM

shrek82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishiowa View Post
Orvis has always been great to deal with. My latest, I wanted a new superfine touch but couldn't get past the gold hardware. The rod shop there is making me one with silver hardware. I can't wait!
Who do you contact at Orvis to have a rod made that way? I am looking at purchasing another super fine and i don't particulary care for the gold hardware eithr
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 PM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek82 View Post
Who do you contact at Orvis to have a rod made that way? I am looking at purchasing another super fine and i don't particulary care for the gold hardware eithr
I just contacted customer service and explained what I wanted. They talked to their rod shop and they agreed to do it. A few e-mails and a phone call to wrap it all up. They were great to work with and made it easy.
Rich