The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 07:09 PM

two_nymph_rig is a jewel in the roughtwo_nymph_rig is a jewel in the roughtwo_nymph_rig is a jewel in the roughtwo_nymph_rig is a jewel in the rough
Default Ross Essence

Have been looking for a 7'6 rod in either a 4 or 5 weight and just came across the Ross Essence. It is in my price range, but I would like to hear some opinions from people who have used the rod. Also, about Ross as a company.

I will be fishing for browns and bows, probably no bigger than 17 inch fish. usually throw 2 nymphs with weight and an indicator.

Last edited by two_nymph_rig; 05-25-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:51 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ross Essence

I have the 7.5 4 weight and I like it, although I must admit, it is a backup. I had broken an old Sage, and while waiting for the rebuild to arrive, I bought the Ross to tide me over. Good buy for the price. I prefer a dry/dropper with it, but it can handle a two nymph rig well enough. milt.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 PM

ak allen has a spectacular aura aboutak allen has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to ak allen

I love Ross! They make great products and good customer service. That being said Allen Fly fishing is on here and has gain a good reputation for good stuff too. They have awesome customer service from what I have seen. I will be looking at them next time I get a new toy.
"To go fishing is the chance to wash one's soul with pure air, with the rush of the brook, or with the shimmer of sun on blue water. It brings meekness and inspiration from the decency of nature, charity toward tackle-makers, patience toward fish, a mockery of profits and egos, a quieting of hate, a rejoicing that you do not have to decide a darned thing until next week. And it is discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish."
~ Herbert Hoover
Old 05-25-2012, 09:14 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I never had to deal with Ross in terms of rod warranties.

As for its reels, Ross is the best in customer service. Ross handles its warranty services quickly. I sent one of my customer's Ross Cimmaron in for service on a Monday. It was back in the shop the following Friday (California to Colorado and back). Service like that was very common.

Dennis