The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jaybo41

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default $$Holy ****$$

I have never felt the urge to spend Big Money on a Fly Rod.......but Oh MY Goodness!! Check this out

Available Sale Rods

http://www.pryorcustomflyrods.com/Gr..._Fly_Rods.html
Old 06-13-2012, 08:56 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: $$Holy ****$$

Beautiful!...but can you imagine stumbling along a muddy creek with one of those? I'd never dare to fish with one.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Those are exceptional works of art. The attention to detail is phenomenal. One can dream
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
Beautiful!...but can you imagine stumbling along a muddy creek with one of those? I'd never dare to fish with one.
Yeah...I get the vision of the truck door slammin shut on it......

But still...on the perfect day, on the perfect water.....just once?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Aside from the handle I like the bamboo in the first link. Although the fine scroll work on the hardware may be a bit ostentatious I could get used to it. I love the translucent / transparent wraps but the handle and seat would need to be more along traditional lines for my taste. Cork on the grip and perhaps a dark Amboina wood seat and I think the 2100 is a reasonable price..

As for worrying about breaking a rod like that, I have one that would cost about the same to replace and trust me you don't let them near truck doors unless they are dismantled and in the tube. You also become adept at not stumbling around carrying a rod like that.

Nice stuff those,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-13-2012, 11:19 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Those are awesome rods. I really like that 7' 6" Payne with the rattan handle. Now I know what I want for a retirement. Just need to figure what reel to match it. vr