The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New in the Sage lineup: Sage Circa

This will be interesting to hear reviews once they are released to shops and the masses. Looks like the lengths of these rods are from the days of old: 279-4, 379-4, 389-4, 479-4, 489-4, and 589-4.

What's the rage with these "snub nose" half wells grips? For larger rods I don't mind the full wells but on my trout rods I much prefer the half.

I wonder what, if anything, this means for the ZXL?

Read the official word from Sage

Sage Adds The CIRCA Fly Rod for 2013 [Video] - The Sage Blog | Sage Fly Fishing
650flyguy likes this.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: New in the Sage lineup: Sage Circa

I think a Sage could be in my future.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:24 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

My guess is that these are the rods they accidently broke the tips on.
gatortransplant likes this.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:33 PM

utah daveii will become famous soon enoughutah daveii will become famous soon enough

I absolutely cannot wait to cast one of these. I held off on buying a zenith to wait for this rod.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:14 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Sweet! Another rod to salivate over that I'll not be able to afford.
But I watched the promo video earlier and I want to believe that Sage has a winner on their hands. This is a rod I could see myself doing everything with.

Guess I'll keep watching for a used LL on the auction site.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:25 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
Guess I'll keep watching for a used LL on the auction site.
Hey, I've had GREAT luck on eBay this last year, bought three rods (two used, one a z axis 590-4 for $275.00 shipped... They were averaging over 425.00 used plus shipping, and I jumped on one. Just set some saved searches and be patient... And I would definitely get an LL, even if you plan on getting a CIRCA someday. I treasure my LL's like no other rods in my collection, have a 273-2 and a 4711-2, they're my babies

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Oh yeah, sold two rods, a reel, and a pair of shades on there too... I've learned a lot about the values they have on there and how to maximize what you get for your used gear.

Careful, I'm addicted now. Convinced I'm going to find a San Miguel 2 for less than $400
Old 07-01-2012, 07:37 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm....Is that growth under Jerry's lip supposed to be hip? George Anderson said the ONE was a plate slapper when test casting, and the fly Siem's is casting hits the water pretty hard as well. Whether that's meant to demonstrate that the rod delivers with authority, or whether the Circa is a plate slapper would be nice to know. My ZXL will lay down a dry fly without disturbing the water like fly in the video, and at the same distances. It's also VERY accurate.

Jaybo,
I have to wonder if the snub nose grip is going to become Sage's new premium rod style grip.....
Old 07-01-2012, 07:48 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'm a fan of the snubby grip for some reason, even on the smaller rods... This definitely looks like an interesting rod, I'd be interested to try out what the "consistently slow" action is like. Hmm, I'll definitely be taking this one to the casting pond at the next Somerset show (as long as they make sure there's actually a proper-sized pond this year...).

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 07-01-2012, 09:48 AM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
Sweet! Another rod to salivate over that I'll not be able to afford.
Thats exactly what I said when i started reading!
I wish they would have shown a cast in real-time instead of all slo-mo.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting video, looking forward to actually trying one of the Circa rods out.