Bow's on Allen

Joni

Reaction score
Got another video from my trip last weekend. I was deep nymphing at about 24' with main fly a Blood Midge. Using the AST with matching reel. 6 wt with Sharkskin line. Enjoy:

[ame=http://youtu.be/wYqx5MHnngw]Summer 'bow - YouTube[/ame]

Joni

Reaction score
Yes I was/am. Smaller diameter actually helps with all these winds.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, I didn't realize that it had smaller diameter tubes, would definitely be helpful in beating the wind, plus all the extra room it looks to have, pretty cool setup. Congrats!

FrankB2

Reaction score
Hi Joni,
The trout was nice, but the "Urban Carp" video link is GREAT!!! The local stream has a pool of monster carp, but they keep breaking me off. I switched to 2X, and still can't understand why a 30" carp can snap my tippet with a slight shake of its head. :D

I like the camera mount. Sometimes I'll hold a video camera in my hand while wrestling with a fish, and it's not pretty. A head mount was considered, but I don't want to look like a dork. I'll have to look into the chest mount, or hire a videographer...LOL!

Fishing with flies at great depths:
How is the visibility down there? I often wonder if my wooly buggers can be seen in 5 feet of stained water, but your lake might be gin clear. We do have a lake like that about an hour away, and I can see gear that falls overboard for at least 12-15 feet. :D

Joni

Reaction score
I don't know how clear the water is. It has a lot of algae floaters.
I also have the cap mount, but every time you move your head the camera moves. With the Carp, I wore the cap mount once and realized I looked around, and oh that looking down to pick up the net.