The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 02:20 AM

trout champ will become famous soon enough
Default TFO Project Healing Waters

Has anyone had any experiance with these rods? I know TFO's are great, but I was wondering if these rods are fishable or are they meant to be looked at?

Temple Fork Outfitters Project Healing Waters Series Fly Rods

Randy
Old 12-31-2007, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: TFO Project Healing Waters

I would guess the rods are an existing TFO product that has been redecorated for the occasion. And though they may not be the lightest rods on the market, all that I have cast do so quite well.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 PM

bcbrown2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TFO Project Healing Waters

Slightly off-topic, but my wife and I were at the Fly Fishing Show in Denver this year and we met two folks associated with Project Healing Waters -- one US Army veteran/spokesperson who was in the program and one of the adminstrators that travels with him. The Army vet took time to tell us his story, tell us what the program had done for him; both my wife and I were very moved. All the while he was tying a stimulator with a prosthetic arm/hand and we were absolutely blown away by the guy. He hadn't fly fished prior to his injury in Afghanistan but has taken to not only fishing but tying and volunteering (he's not paid by PHW) his time to tell people about the program. Very impressive.

TFO makes some really nice rods for the price -- I can't imagine their Project Healing Waters rods are any different. A little digging on the Internet brought back some very good reviews. All in all, sounds like a good rod for a great cause. Sorry I can't offer up a hands-on review. One article mentioned TFO used a 'Pro' blank and slightly different hardware that changed the feel slightly.