The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Rods (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/)
-   -   Compliments to TFO service!! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/297804-compliments-tfo-service.html)

pete a 09-26-2012 04:06 PM

Compliments to TFO service!!

My Axiom 6wt developed a "tick" when casting after several years.

The ferrule at the joint above the handle recently got to where it just wouldn't get tight enough and you'd feel a very light "tick" in casting. Used extra ferrule wax, pushed it on as hard as I dared but again the light "tick" would come back. I think I probably am too critical as it was very light but I could feel it.

Packed it up with $25 ck and shipped out (I'm in Houston and they are in Dallas so shipping regardless is overnight) on Monday. This afternoon, Wed it was back. So you have to take your distance into the mix, hard for them to do same for Maine or Alaska.

They replaced the middle 2 portions and it is like original. Gonna try to smack some fish this weekend with it.

In my view this is outstanding and speaks volumes about the quality of this company. Hat's off to them

Pete A.

newby 09-26-2012 04:24 PM

Re: Compliments to TFO service!!

Glad you had a good experience with TFO (I've never heard of a bad one). I have a 5wt BVK and a 2wt Finesse and they are my absolute favorite fly rods. What a great company! Quality, great prices, unbeatable warranty, and great customer service. Can't ask for more than that. It's like they were made for us ;).

riverbilly 09-26-2012 04:34 PM

I'm with you on that Pete.
I broke the top section of my ProII 5wt the weekend before last. I had a camping trip coming up the next weekend and this is my main rod.
I shipped it out Monday, they received on Tuesday (I'm in the Austin area) and turned it around, UPS dropped it off to me on Wednesday. I didn't even mention my trip or anything, that's just they're normal turn around apparently.

There are several reasons I picked the TFO rod, the warranty being one. The fast sevice is a big bonus.

ted4887 09-26-2012 07:45 PM

I couldn't agree more. TFO has absolutely wonderful customer service!

gjcordray 09-26-2012 07:47 PM

I will chime in as well. The top two cork rings separated on my older TFO Professional 6 wt. I sent it in, and they sent me a brand new Professional II 6 wt. rod. I was shocked and ecstatic at the same time. Also back to me in less than one week.

Gary

okexpress 09-26-2012 10:30 PM

Have to agree...I took a fall on a slope in the rockies, and broke the tip. They sent me a whole new rod, no questions asked.

newby 09-27-2012 12:58 AM

I would love to here if anybody has had a bad experience with TFO, just because I have never heard of one! These guys go above and beyond.

fly_guy12955 09-27-2012 01:19 AM

I'm glad to see this thread. I was headed for a discontinued Flight, but today I decided to go with a TFO, BVK, 5wt, 9ft. Outta make a good boat/river/small mouth rod. This will be the first TFO rod I've owned. I hope my search for a fast action rod will have been a success.

At some point I still want to get a full flex rod,,maybe the Orvis Superfine,,and with my two mid flex rods and the BVK, that outta round me out reasonably well. Except I'll need one for,,,,,,,,,,and that,,,,,,,,,,,,and, and, and possibly also,,,,,,, :)

newby 09-27-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 (Post 486603)
I'm glad to see this thread. I was headed for a discontinued Flight, but today I decided to go with a TFO, BVK, 5wt, 9ft. Outta make a good boat/river/small mouth rod. This will be the first TFO rod I've owned. I hope my search for a fast action rod will have been a success.

At some point I still want to get a full flex rod,,maybe the Orvis Superfine,,and with my two mid flex rods and the BVK, that outta round me out reasonably well. Except I'll need one for,,,,,,,,,,and that,,,,,,,,,,,,and, and, and possibly also,,,,,,, :)

You can NEVER have enough fly rods! Don't forget you will also need a bamboo ;). The BVK is GREAT. First time I casted it I couldn't believe how sensitive it was. I as used to cheaper fast actions who just feel dead. IN the BVK, you feel the movement of the line as it loads and even before it, it's hard to describe, but it's probably my favorite rod.

noreaster 09-27-2012 11:33 AM

Its great to hear these kinds of stories. True stand up companies are becoming a thing of the past. It's like many companies see it as a privilege to buy their products.
I will be dealing with TFO soon as I am looking for a 3 wt. and a 5wt for my wife. Looking forward to handling their rods.