The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pete a

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Experience with returning Bass Pro rods?

Have a White River 5wt 8'-6" 5wt Hobbs Creek rod that broke today. I've never seen 'em break this way. My youngest was just casting and it broke 2/3 of the way up on the butt section.

We don't have receipt as his uncle gave it to him this spring.

What is the typical experience with Bass pro on this?

Pete A.

Last edited by pete a; 10-04-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:15 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: Experience with returning Bass Pro rods?

Reporting back with my results of returning the Hobbs Creek 5wt.

They gave me excellent service and offered either a replacement or store credit. Can't beat that.

There were some TFO Pro II's 4pc on sale for $105.95 so I opt for one of those with $$ difference. Great rod for the money.

IMHO Bass Pro is a great place.

Pete A.
Rip Tide likes this.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Experience with returning Bass Pro rods?

BPS has been very good to me when it comes to returning rods but I have always had a reciept or we have been able to trace it down through payment method and BPS rewards card.

However, after standing in the customer service line as often as I have, I have seen this scenario quite a few times.

here is what I have learned.

1. Clean the rod. When you bring in a rod that looks like it has gone through war for the last 5 years, chances are that they will not replace it. Your goal is to make it look like it's new, or at least like you have only had it since the spring

2. Be honest and patient. Don't be afraid to throw a little sympathy plea in there.

3. If the initial person won't give you an exchange, then politely ask if you can plead your case to a manager.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Experience with returning Bass Pro rods?

I was curious where this would go as the question about Pro Bass and Warranty in the same sentence was a new one to me.
Glad they got it handled.

fae