The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Sage Circa vs Winston Boron IIt

Hello all,

I'm on the prowl for my spring creek rod. I wanted to gather the opinions from people who have cast these rods. I want to know how they compare. All opinions are welcome. I'm going after one of them, this weekend.

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:07 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sage Circa vs Winston Boron IIt

Well then you'll have the chance to cast them side by side before choosing. Report back, as I am interested in the Circa but the local Sage shop isn't going to get any till after x-mas.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sage Circa vs Winston Boron IIt

Alright,

So neither of them arrived in time for me to cast them. I ended up purchasing a Winston VSL 4wt. It's an 8'6". I'm quite a fan of it. Of course, the real test it going to be out on the water.