The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Rods (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/)
-   -   Pulled the trigger on Allen's Myth 'Deal of the Week' (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/298634-pulled-trigger-allens-myth-deal-week.html)

noreaster 10-05-2012 02:49 PM

Pulled the trigger on Allen's Myth 'Deal of the Week'

Been wanting a 3 wt. for a while now, so I jumped all over Allen's deal of the week. The 3 weight 6'6" Myth. At nearly half price ($149.99) I couldn't resist. If I don't like it then heck I'm only out about what I paid for my wife's beginner Wally world combo.

I don't have many fly rods to chose from locally, and even fewer 3 wt.'s. Now that I think of it doubt there are any 3 wt.'s here at all on the local market, unless I wanted to wait for an order at regular price. I have done the deed; buying without trying.:eek: I have a feeling I will like it or learn to love it.:)

Myth Rod Series - 6'6" 3wt - Allen Fly Fishing Store

Looks like a nice kit. Did I do ok? Anyone have one? Any reviews or thoughts on the 3 wt. 6' 6" Myth? From what I've read Allen seems like a solid company and maker of quality rods and reels. Had never heard of them prior to joining this forum.

Thanks
phil

fly_guy12955 10-05-2012 06:12 PM

Re: Pulled the trigger on Allen's Myth 'Deal of the Week'

Their offerings really look good and I heaer good stuff. Might have to own a rod of theirs myself one day !

stl_geoff 10-05-2012 07:20 PM

I think you will be pleased with it. I'm a big fan of their reels. I havent tried any of their rods yet though. HOWEVER they do offer a short 2wt, Im debating buying that or building one in bamboo.

darwin 10-05-2012 10:01 PM

The Rods do look very nice and a good value for the price. My OCD tells me to get one :)

fly_guy12955 10-05-2012 10:14 PM

My "OCD" ,,,,,,,,,,,,I LOVE it !! And here,,I thought I had a disorder LOL

noreaster 10-06-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 (Post 488863)
My "OCD" ,,,,,,,,,,,,I LOVE it !! And here,,I thought I had a disorder LOL

My OCD hit when I saw the deal of the week and it was Friday. Not much time to think about the purchase. I don't think I could go wrong at $149. Nice details. Its my first 4 piece ultra lite travel style rod. Am looking forward to trying it out and having a quality rod to take on the road.

hawkeyeflyfisher 10-06-2012 09:40 AM

I am trying to convince my wife how much I "need" this rod wish me luck!

noreaster 10-06-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeyeflyfisher (Post 488921)

Use the next gift excuse to cash in on the deal. Whether Christmas, Birthday, etc.... :D

darwin 10-06-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeyeflyfisher (Post 488921)

Do like my neighbor and sneak it into the house when she is not around. When she asks about the new rod or reel he just says I have had that for a long time... :D he thinks she doesn't know any better. :rolleyes:

hawkeyeflyfisher 10-08-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darwin (Post 488967)
Do like my neighbor and sneak it into the house when she is not around. When she asks about the new rod or reel he just says I have had that for a long time... he thinks she doesn't know any better.

haha I would love to, except we share the same checking account, and I'm not sure a charge from Allenfishingcompany.com would slip past her unseen!