The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nov 1 is upon us...and so is the H2!!!

I love my Helios 9' 8wt tip flex, and will hold on to it until if/when it breaks....then maybe they'll upgrade it to an H2

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:34 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

I had the opportunity to handle one of the new H2 (I hate that name, makes me think of the seriously ugly Hummer) rods today. I didn't have time to cast it, but my impressions- Wow! This is an amazingly light rod. It was a 9' 4 wt. The color, gloss blue, reminds me of my old Garcia spinning rod. AND they did away with the bling- dark anodized hardware. That's the only criticism I've had with my Superfine Touch, I'm glad they listened.

For those in Colorado's Front Range, it's a demo rod at Angler's Covey in Colorado Springs, they said a couple of week before inventory arrives.
fishiowa and fishiowa like this.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:35 AM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
AND they did away with the bling- dark anodized hardware. That's the only criticism I've had with my Superfine Touch, I'm glad they listened.
That is great to hear. Maybe the next generation of the superfine will be toned down a bit.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I'm excited for this rod. However, I've cast the Helios and the Access side by side and I liked how the access felt, better. But, I haven't cast the H2 yet. Hopefully Orvis really made some improvements to the overall feel of this rod. (I've only cast the Helios 6, btw. So, that's what I'm judging against, here!) I hope the H2 performs and feels as well as it looks!!! Super excited!