The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chased

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Redington,,or similar good rod for a fair deal ?

Ever since I got my 2wt Redington CT my nephew has tried to talk me out of it. What is out there now,,,Redington,,or 'similar' mid action,,or slower...in a 2 or 3 wt that might be on sale now ? He has to be very conservative with his dollars (divorce ate him alive) so I'm searching for HIM this time. Any pointers in a good direction would be appreciated.

Thanks fellas,

Michael
Old 11-11-2012, 09:29 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Redington,,or similar good rod for a fair deal ?

If you want another Redington, Cabela's has the Redington CT fly rod on sale for $75 (normally sells for $150). They don't offer a 2 WT, but you can get a 3 WT.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:40 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

My vote is also with another Redington CT, Cabela's has them on sale for $75 while supplies last. If you wanted to try something a little different, the Cabela's Custom Glass Rods (CGR) are on sale for $50, which is a true bargain. Being fiberglass, they are a little slower action, which will take some getting used to. Once you get it dialed in, it is a lot of fun.

-Chase
sbreech likes this.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:57 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
My vote is also with another Redington CT, Cabela's has them on sale for $75 while supplies last. If you wanted to try something a little different, the Cabela's Custom Glass Rods (CGR) are on sale for $50, which is a true bargain. Being fiberglass, they are a little slower action, which will take some getting used to. Once you get it dialed in, it is a lot of fun.

-Chase
The CGR's arent available online anymore. I wanted an 8wt and missed out. Did you seem them in store for $50??

Also surprised it hasnt been mentioned yet, but the Allen Xa is a nice rod too. I had a 3wt, but got the CT when they were on sale. Personal preference on the guide types (double footed over single) was the reason for changing

Addicted To Vise
Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
If you want another Redington, Cabela's has the Redington CT fly rod on sale for $75 (normally sells for $150). They don't offer a 2 WT, but you can get a 3 WT.
I ordered the 8.5 foot - 3 weight this morning.....also added a few more items that I "needed" to bring the total to around 100 bucks to get the free shipping......my wife doesn't understand why I "need" another fly rod. My two grown children, who also fly fish, understand perfectly!!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

CT's are being cleared out because Redington is replacing them with their new line "Tempt".. That being said.. I'd pick up a couple CTs if you have the cash.. Just purchased one recently and it's amazing.. and at $80(after taxes/s&h through Cabelas) you will be hard pressed to find a better rod at that price.. especially with it's lifetime warranty
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

allen has great rod, the ats, which is a really nice medium action rod
i have an 8'9" 4 weight and absolutely love it!

ATS Rod Series - Allen Fly Fishing Store

this is a really nice rod

casey

ARFE