The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 02:02 PM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all
Default Nympho Five Weight

Does anyone have any experience with the Thomas & Thomas NS Five Weight Fly Rod?

Looking for something to mainly just use with an indy/nymph rig on rivers in West Michigan and beyond...

I used to own and fish a Horizon II in the same length/weight and LOVED it, curious how this NS compares to it and any other rods you may be able to compare it to...

Thank You
Old 11-27-2012, 02:51 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nympho Five Weight

I have not fished it but I cast the T&T NS #5 at Somerset last year and was impressed. It is faster, more powerful yet smoother than Horizon and seemed to me to be a first rate bigger river presentation rod in the Sage ONE category. The Sage felt more deft to me and lighter too. Naturally it has T&T's top-flight finish craftsmanship, arguably the best wrap coatings, cork shapes and reel seats among factory rods.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 AM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all
Default Re: Nympho Five Weight

Thanks for the excellent insight buddy!

Much appreciated!