The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM

jshepp is on a distinguished road
Default beulah platiinum 4 wt

Got a 6 , looking for a 4. Read George andersons shootout review.looks good but was hopeining to get some input from guys who have fished with it
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: beulah platiinum 4 wt

Hello & Welcome to the forum,

I don't hear the B word around here much but there may be some owners lurking. I hope you'll stick around and get into the discussions here, we have a very good group.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM

coolhand is on a distinguished road
Default Re: beulah platiinum 4 wt

Also, my first post, but have been a longtime lurker.

I manage a fly shop, we started carrying the Beulah Platinum rods this summer. I now own the #4, 8'8" and #5, 9' models. IMO, an outstanding value. The fit, finish, and components, appear as good most "premium" rods that cost $600-$800. Their performance also compares favorably as well. Have turned into my favorite "fishing" rods.

The #4 is very, very easy to cast, with excellent accuracy, characterized by a softer tip with strong butt section. Great dry fly rod, and will handle lighter nymph rigs and Hopper/Dropper rigs easily. Kind of runs out of horsepower beyond 60', but is "money" from 60' in.

Overall, I am very impressed with the Beulah Platinum rods. They really are the first "moderately" priced rods ($395 SRP) that I really have enjoyed casting and fishing with.