The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Finding treasure

Far&Fine is not now and never was intended to be a powerful rod. Much more a small to medium stream delicate presentation instrument. As you are early in your development in the ever growing set of fly fishing skills. I, like others above, encourage you to retain this rod and I would suspect you will be very pleased you kept it a year or so down the road. A fly fishers tool box and the environments it is carried to has lots of room for tools for specialized applications.
mrfzx and dean_mt like this.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Finding treasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
I'm one of those guys who like to use what I own, if I can. A fly rod is a tool. A tool that is owned but never used is of very little worth. The reason I ask this is that, between the two, casting the Avid comes more naturally. The F&F is a nice rod, but just does not fit me. IMO, the F&F and the new bamboo have the same action, but drastically different weight. Perhaps this is the difference.
I like your perspective. And it sounds like you already know what do with what rods.