The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default New rod

This followed me home today.... After fishing exclusively with Orvis Superfines forever, this is going to take some practice. Also tried A Sage One and a Winston something...this one chose me.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New rod

Well if it followed you home, you can't very well turn it out.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Well,,that's spose to be THE rod ! Let us know how she does for ya ?

Congrats on what I'm sure is a fine rod.

Mike
Old 12-07-2012, 06:27 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Wish something like that would follow me home! I'd take it in no questions asked! Nice!!
dean_mt likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

If you decide to kick it out, I'll take it in.
dean_mt likes this.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

Plans to go catch some trout with it this weekend have gone south with the weather forecast. Rain in the morning turning to snow/single digits. I'll have to interrupt my previously scheduled work time next week...
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Sweet! If you don't end up loving it, gimme a PM!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 PM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Congrats! Of course, following you home is one thing, but the real test is whether Mom says you can keep it.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
Congrats! Of course, following you home is one thing, but the real test is whether Mom says you can keep it.
My wife is a very special person. She encouraged me to buy it and was with me when I bought it. And she was in the store looking for Christmas gifts while I was outside test-casting. Yep, very special.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
My wife is a very special person. She encouraged me to buy it and was with me when I bought it. And she was in the store looking for Christmas gifts while I was outside test-casting. Yep, very special.
Sounds like a keeper Some tailwater fishing in your future?