The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 AM

dagumer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sage Circa 479 or 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
Thanks Jaybo, now you have me reading about the Circa's

To the OP how do you like your rod ?
I got my 479 Circa, and although it is still winter were I live, I went fishing. I must say that still I have not used for what it is intended to be (dry flies), but still the rod felt quite nicely even when casting nymph rigs, which included an indicator, one weighted nymph and a small nymph at the tail. I must say that the rod is extremely light, and it took a while for me to get used to the slower casting stroke that it requires, but once I got it, I could put my nymphs almost every where I wanted withing a range of about 50 feet. This is by far the most precise fly rod I have used. I still have not used it on windy conditions. Another really nice thing about the rod is that is extremely sensitive, once you hook a fish, even a small one, you can fell every single twist and turn. Over all I think it is a great rod, for what it is intended for, I would not recommend the Circa if you want an all arounder rod, but it is without any doubt a a very special rod, like nothing I have ever casted before.
mcnerney and comeonavs like this.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 AM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of

Thank you Dagumer,

When I started out I had an all purpose rod and as the addiction increased so did the collection of specialty rods. I tend to have a rod or rods for certain places I fish.

Maybe one of these will join the arsenal some day, or dare I say I venture out and drink some Winston Kool Aid
Old 03-17-2013, 01:48 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

479 would be my choice,but I'd rather just buy an Orvis SuperFine and save a bunch of money.