The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 11:41 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default 1957

I found this picture in an old National Geographic from 1957.
Wisconsin appears to have been a source for a lot of fly fishing gear back in those days. I have more pictures from this magazine that I'll post in the 'Flies' section of this site.

Click the image to open in full size.
mojo, mcnerney, mrfzx and 6 others like this.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1957

Very cool!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:43 PM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

57 was a great year...

Made my favorite car that year... Chevy Bel Air 2 door Hard Top
Pocono and mcnerney like this.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jackster: That was great, keep them coming!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:47 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwb View Post
57 was a great year...

Made my favorite car that year... Chevy Bel Air 2 door Hard Top
Yup, '57 Chevy is a classic.

Pocono
Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 AM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Yup, '57 Chevy is a classic.

Pocono
My Dad has a 57 two door hard top POST "which if you know much about them there was only a handful of them made with the post", absolutely mint, only non-original parts in it are the driveline and driveline accessories, used a early 70's Chevy 350 and matching transmission to make it more reliable than the original motor/trans that came in it. Still have the original trans/motor though.

My Dad bought it in Arizona back in the 70's. It's in storage and I can't seem to find any photos of it on my computer, will have to snap some when we get it out of the garage this Spring.

Only bad part about owning it is, it's basically guaranteed if you get it out to go somewhere, rain clouds will form out of nowhere...
Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

Alot of good things happen behind the cheddar curtain

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM

klunker will become famous soon enough

Nothing Good happens here in Wisconsin, No Fish to be Found, No hunting, Boring Landscape, unfriendly people and contrary to wide spread rumors there is no good craft brews made here and only available here. So spend your time else where, any where but not Wisconsin.

Member of the Cheddar Militia.
kwb and mi_trouter like this.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunker View Post
Nothing Good happens here in Wisconsin, No Fish to be Found, No hunting, Boring Landscape, unfriendly people and contrary to wide spread rumors there is no good craft brews made here and only available here. So spend your time else where, any where but not Wisconsin.

Member of the Cheddar Militia.
where u at klunker?

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM

klunker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_wi_fishing View Post
where u at klunker?
Right now I'm at the dining room table, going to be going out back to stack some firewood soon tho.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_wi_fishing View Post
where u at klunker?
seriously, I'm outside of Elkhart Lake, northwestern Sheboygan county.
kwb likes this.