The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 02:12 AM

fly505 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need help deciding on a new 9wt....

Man I wish I could swing an Echo3... Heard some really nice things about these rods. Maybe I just need to save my pennies a bit more and take a closer look at these. Wanting to stay around the $200 mark...i plan on mating it with a Lamson Speedster so i can only go so far in the funds without causing the wife to cringe....Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 PM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly505 View Post
Doing some further research into the BVK's and seems there have been quit a few of them breaking in the higher weighs when fighting large fish....looks like I really need to go swing an Echo Ion before I pull the trigger in one. No me else have experiences with the Ion? So strange there isn't a lot of press about them.
Looks like Fly Shop Closeouts has some Ions marked down to $95 at the moment, so maybe that takes some of the risk away. Echo Ion 4-Piece, 6, 8, 9, or 10 Weight Fly Rod

If you don't like it you haven't broken the bank, and you can probably recover most of your cost by reselling it. If you do like it, order another and have a spare rod without exceeding your budget!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:50 PM

fly505 will become famous soon enough

That's an awesome deal!! I'm definitely gonna have to jump on that...thanks for the heads up