The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 04:38 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Redington CT 6wt 9ft

Hi there,
My first question ever in this forum.

I am eyeing on the Redington CT 6wt 9FT Mid 4pcs that is currently on sale every where.

I am planning to use this one with the Rio Aqualux to throw streamers size 8 to 6 from the shore to the abyss. What do you think about this rod?

thank you much.

Last edited by runningfish; 03-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:04 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice
Default Re: Redington CT 6wt 9ft

I have the 8 foot 4wt CT. Haven't fished it yet. Just practice casting in the yard. I think it casts nice. More power than you'd think.
I bet the 6wt would be nice too. Sorry no real help on your question.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
I have the 8 foot 4wt CT. Haven't fished it yet. Just practice casting in the yard. I think it casts nice. More power than you'd think.
I bet the 6wt would be nice too. Sorry no real help on your question.
Thank you for sharing.
anything helps at this point.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

The rod will be able to throw those flies well. Just be patient with the action of the rod.

I have thrown a size 4 stonefly dry with the rod. It was not a problem.

Dennis
runningfish likes this.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I had the six weight and sold it; I loved the rod but I guess I'm more comfortable with medium-fast to fast action, especially for streamers and long casts. This rod is pretty relaxed but it is a beauty for the price.
runningfish likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:31 AM

Thank you every one for the input.

I am more relaxed with the mid-flex, I guess considering the sale price $84 and the beauty of it I might as well get it.
yonder likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

I have the CT in 3 and 5 weights and I really like them. You cannot go wrong at 84 dollars. I prefer the medium action also. Let us know how it works for you.
runningfish likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Yonder I like that quote in your signature; is that from Lonesome Dove?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:06 AM

jastrout is on a distinguished road

Not to steal thread, But where are CT rods still available ? I grabbed a 8'6" 5 at Cabelas for $75 and should have snag the long 3 wght. I am shocked at casting qualities of this Asian made rod and built is respectable . Even at $149 it was very good rod. Again any sites with available rods would be appreciate
Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jastrout View Post
Not to steal thread, But where are CT rods still available ? I grabbed a 8'6" 5 at Cabelas for $75 and should have snag the long 3 wght. I am shocked at casting qualities of this Asian made rod and built is respectable . Even at $149 it was very good rod. Again any sites with available rods would be appreciate
Bass pros seem to have them in stock.

http://www.basspro.com/Redington-Cla...2011309003014/