The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gotta love an Orvis Superfine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewlushlife View Post
BTW mike, you use a 5 weight for steelhead??!! thats amazing!
Early season for the 5 wt. When the wild fish start to show it's a 6 at minimum. I'd say a 7 would be perfect.

I'll be on the N Umqua end of the week. yay!

sorry if this turned into a hijack??

-Mike
Old 06-03-2013, 08:30 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

I just recently brought home a new Orvis Superfine 2 wt. I tried a bunch of rods from different companies, but this one had the feel and flex I was looking for.

I don't know how it differs from the original, but the current version is very well made, great feel, high quality, and built in Vermont.

It's a keeper for sure.

-VB
Old 06-05-2013, 10:47 AM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by von behr View Post
I just recently brought home a new Orvis Superfine 2 wt. I tried a bunch of rods from different companies, but this one had the feel and flex I was looking for.

I don't know how it differs from the original, but the current version is very well made, great feel, high quality, and built in Vermont.

It's a keeper for sure.

-VB
-Congrats on joining the superfine club, this is one of those rods you simply can't cast without grinning ear to ear. The flex is perfection within the industry. So yes this rod does differ from the original, the tapers have been altered a bit, the wrapings, and also the hardware. However, orvis did a great job of maintaining the traditional feel and adding exceptional harware and materials. At $495 this is incredibly hard to beat, the only other rods I would compare this to in feel and accuracy are some of the rods in the winston lineup, Even then your paying an extra $200, so the superfine is a no-brainer.

Those of you considering a winston WT or bIIt, I challenge you to try the superfine against them and see how you feel.
fly_guy12955 likes this.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:08 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Orvis Superfine.

If God made himself a trout rod, this'd be it.
thenewlushlife likes this.