The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Rods (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/)
-   -   Thomas & Thomas Rods (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/318941-thomas-thomas-rods.html)

shimloom 05-09-2013 01:41 PM

Thomas & Thomas Rods

Ok, I have tried 6 times to reach "anyone" at this company and have left messages and no one returns calls I guess. SO I will ask here to see if anyone has any info on a T&T "ES" series rod. I have a 9' 5wt that I traded a guy moons ago and had it restored. My friend found it with a Orvis reel floating in a lake and it needed some love. I gave it to my buddy at Abel and he re-wrapped it, Abel reel seat, new guides etc.. If you know of the original value of the rod and general info I would be grateful.

Craig

MoscaPescador 05-09-2013 01:55 PM

Re: Thomas & Thomas Rods

It is kind of weird. Ask anyone who is or was in the industry (at least west coast) about T&T, and the reply will be, "are they still in business?"

I just checked eBay for a past listing on a used ES 865. It sold for $225. I'm not sure what the original retail was.

Dennis

kwb 05-09-2013 02:22 PM

What you likely have is a limited employee base as all money is being dumped into R&D right now and warranty repairs...

The two things T&T was severely lacking with past ownership...

The new T&T rods that I have fished, are some of the best rods out there today, HUGE improvements have been made...

trevor.bross@thomasandthomas.com is the best option to contact them...

I don't care what rod company it is, response on a question such as yours would not be extremely fast. Orvis likely being the only one whom would ever be fast about something in that matter...

djamtime 05-09-2013 06:09 PM

That is weird. I have called them twice and had great conversations with intelligent human beings on both occasions. Dont know where you are from but T&T is in mass. Are you calling during business hours? Hope you are able to reach them.

shimloom 05-09-2013 06:23 PM

I have called them during business hours 6 times. Left a voice mail in there general mail box (3 weeks ago). Left a message today and no response. maybe it's just me.

Craig

kwb 05-10-2013 08:51 AM

The ES series retailed for around $275.00 in that model...

Hope that helps

kwb 05-14-2013 11:32 AM

Your welcome by the way... :cool:

shimloom 05-14-2013 04:46 PM

Thanks everyone for the answers. Got a call today from T&T and got some additional info on the rod. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but work has been keeping me busy.

Craig

Hardyreels 05-14-2013 06:20 PM

Glad to hear they made contact, I use the Ard rule when thinking T&T rods. Never cheap even at the entry level...................

sweetandsalt 05-14-2013 06:41 PM

T&T, with all their ownership and designer tribulations, somehow remains one of the class acts in fly rods.