The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Cortland Diamondback glass rods ?

What can you guys tell me about these ? They aren't 'cheap' but are they good as the price dictates ?
Not sure I'm interested as I'm prob gonna hold out to see what Orvis offers, but I'd like to know what action they are made with.

Thanks
Mike
Old 06-03-2013, 10:05 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cortland Diamondback glass rods ?

I was (am) a Diamondback fan and, though I fish with their graphite rods, I have fished the Diamondglass too. Though too deep flexing for my presentation style, they are very sweet, extremely well crafted rods and charming in their short lengths for small stream fishing. Vermont-built, classy rods. If you come across a Diamondback Classic graphite, you would have a new favorite rod.

What is the T&T #5 model you have and detest?

Diamondback Classics
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:23 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Well S and S,,I do not 'detest' it exactly, it's just too much for my waters.

This would be it, in the 5wt, 9', 4pc.

I have not fished it, and it's only been fished about 4 times. Practically a new rod. Pristine tube and sock included. But I have no warranty card. No marks at ALL, totally new to the eye and rod is straight as they come.

This might be your cup o' tea, S and S. Just too much for mt. streams and small brookies though.

NS - Thomas & Thomas

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Well S and S,,I do not 'detest' it exactly, it's just too much for my waters.

This would be it, in the 5wt, 9', 4pc.

I have not fished it, and it's only been fished about 4 times. Practically a new rod. Pristine tube and sock included. But I have no warranty card. No marks at ALL, totally new to the eye and rod is straight as they come.

This might be your cup o' tea, S and S. Just too much for mt. streams though.

NS - Thomas & Thomas
Old 06-03-2013, 12:59 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Fly Guy, I will try to review and catalog the Ard-era, 1980's Orvis rods I unearthed while excavating one of our fishing closets. I know they are pristine and in their original Orvis jumping trout fish print socks and aluminum tubes. I will report to you soon.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM

Sounds good, S and S.
thanks
mike