The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 11:34 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: info on vintage rod

I own a Coast to Coast brand shotgun. It is identical down to the last part to a Mossburg 500, but the reciever and barrel are marked Coast to Coast. My local gun guru said that most of Coast to Coast branded sporting goods were made for them by major manufacturers. At that time, many sportsmen bought all their sporting goods at the local hardware store. This was particularly true in rural areas, as there were no speciality shops available to visit. Montgomery Wards did the same, as did Sears, but you could also mailorder from them.
It was like old school Amazon.com, but a lot slower.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:02 AM

glacierjohn will become famous soon enoughglacierjohn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
I own a Coast to Coast brand shotgun. It is identical down to the last part to a Mossburg 500, but the reciever and barrel are marked Coast to Coast. My local gun guru said that most of Coast to Coast branded sporting goods were made for them by major manufacturers. At that time, many sportsmen bought all their sporting goods at the local hardware store. This was particularly true in rural areas, as there were no speciality shops available to visit. Montgomery Wards did the same, as did Sears, but you could also mailorder from them.
It was like old school Amazon.com, but a lot slower
I bought my first gun when I was in high school, a Remington Model 700 BDL270. I ordered it through my Local Sears and got it in a month or six weeks.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:55 AM

bootheeltechy is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for your responses and great info!

Guess my next step will be coming up with some 7wt line and an inexpensive reel. Ill do my best to keep updating my progress with this rod and of all my fly fishing pursuits in the future.