The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 06:11 PM

gregnash will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classic Trout is back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgros001 View Post
I paired mine with the Grey's G Series reel - at $55 you can't go wrong. Has served me well this season but can't comment on real longevity.

Greys Fly - Products - Reels - Reels - G-Series Reel

Looks and sounds right to me on this rod. My first rod was the CT 4wt.
Another one that I have heard good things about is the Orvis Battenkill (which can be had cheap) or the Echo ION. I was able to pick up a cheap anodized chinese reel on ebay for $75 to my door. Nice looking reel, no wobble, and has what seems to be a decent disc drag system. I have not caught anything that would tax it but for the money I am happy (and I like color)!!

I will post up a pic with my rod reel when I get the rod on wednesday..
Old 09-07-2013, 10:42 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I've matched mine with a couple different reels but my current choice... A J.W. Young Condex is simply sexy on my 3wt

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-11-2013, 09:12 PM

okbow68 has a spectacular aura aboutokbow68 has a spectacular aura about

Glad these rods come in tubes. Looks like cabelas or ups let the Samsonite gorilla loose on the box mine was in

It looks nicer than the Reddington that I had stolen. Good call on the CT.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:39 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

OKbow,,,don't get me started on package care by shippers,,I'll go rabid. NO DOUBT I've had some of the worst luck. Books damaged, guns in CRATES damaged once even. Had an FFL way back when,,,dealt with UPS about every day,,,I SAW first hand how they treat cargo.

If it was practical, I'd just drive were ever what I was desiring to buy was at, buy it, and drive it home myself.

And 'shipping insurance' ????????????? What the HELL Is that,,,do they let a smarter gorilla load the goods ? Oh yea,,,you dont always collect that 'insurance' either. I wont go into how I know,,I'll not sleep the rest of September.

Rant over.

That CT is kick butt,,,proof positive a wonderful rod doesn't always have to cost a mint. You moved wise and will have a blast with that stick.

Mike
Old 09-12-2013, 07:25 AM

gregnash will become famous soon enough

Got mine on Tuesday from the brown truck and took it out to see if I could catch any lawn sharks. Definitely slower action than my Redington Crosswater but when my form/technique was good I could get just as much line out there, and accurately, as the CW. Really pleased with the feel of the rod from just that little bit and stoked to go out and try it tomorrow morning.

Now I just have to decided if I want to risk getting skunked on the Truckee (still don't know how to read moving water) or go to my normal spot where I am pretty much guaranteed to catch some.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:15 AM

plecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really nice
Default Classic Trout is back....and the old one's on sale

Cabela's - $75.
stl_geoff likes this.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:28 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Classic Trout is back....and the old one's on sale

Hmm and the 2wt is available to backorder, and with points, i can get it for less then 70....hmmmmmmm

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Hmm and the 2wt is available to backorder, and with points, i can get it for less then 70....hmmmmmmm

Yeah I was looking at that too but I just bought a TFO 9WT...still waiting for it to come in.

There will be other sales.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Turns out my buddy wanted one as well, sooooo now I will have a 2wt to pick up in a couple of days...haha. whoops.
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-12-2013, 12:49 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

"Classic Trout is back...."

In June, Redington announced Kirsten Ashmore as the new Marketing Manager and just a week ago or so, they announced Ben Crook as the new Sales Manager.

Coincidence or job security?

TT