The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 09:11 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Classic Trout is back....

Good stuff Geoff, no fish in my storm drain but when I need to test gear I head to our new lake that is about 25% full and losing ground due to drought. Fish are about the same size as your gutter gills. Really like my CT 3wt, still tyring to decide what good line to upgrade too.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:43 PM

gregnash will become famous soon enough

Randomly checked this morning and the CT is back on theCLYMB for $69. They have the 5wt and 6wt up...
Old 10-22-2013, 08:27 AM

Well my CT is getting sent back to Redington, took a spill off a rock on Sunday and apparently shoved it, tip first, into the stream bed. So I fished for like 3hrs sans tip.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:53 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I bought 2 from cabelas, haven't got to use them yet but that will change soon
Old 11-21-2013, 11:31 AM

Well just an update....
I was finally able to get the rod out to Redington last week, sent it out Tuesday and tracking showed it picked up on Friday. During that time I was emailing back and forth with one of their CSRs about what was needed and a time frame for the return of the rod after repairs. The CSR stated that normally once they receive the rod it is then evaluated and repairs are made within the next couple days after receiving. With us both being on the west coast, she estimated that it would be at least 2-3 days for it to get to me once it was ready and sent out.

Well got an email from her on Saturday that she did see it come into the que and then again Monday evening saying it would be shipped out the following day. Got home last night to a nice surprise on the doorstep, my rod was back!!!!

When I opened the package I was fully expecting to get my rod back with just a replacement tip section, what I found was a completely new rod all together! To me that is great customer service and I will definitely be using Redington again!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 PM

hellerhighwater has a spectacular aura abouthellerhighwater has a spectacular aura about

So are the CT and tempt rods the same blank?
Old 11-27-2013, 05:46 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellerhighwater View Post
No they are not... Tempt is faster

Last edited by itchmesir; 11-27-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:54 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellerhighwater View Post
At Itch said no they aren't. I did a bunch of reading lately on other forums. Some folks seem to like the Tempt in a few sizes, because it is a little less "whippy" than a CT. In most sizes it seemed they made a big mistake dropping the CT for a while. I'd like to cast a pile of both rods in all different sizes.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:53 PM

FishSlayer is on a distinguished road

New to fly fishing (haven't done it in 20+ years! and didn't know much back then...)

I live in western Colorado, looking for a good "all around" rod to fish for trout with. Will be mostly small streams and high mountain lakes.

Which model would you all recommend?
Old 11-29-2013, 05:01 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishSlayer View Post
New to fly fishing (haven't done it in 20+ years! and didn't know much back then...)

I live in western Colorado, looking for a good "all around" rod to fish for trout with. Will be mostly small streams and high mountain lakes.

Which model would you all recommend?
For an all arounder the 8'6" 5wt though I haven't cast one that seems to be the 5wt of choice, now if you want to chase smaller fish the 3wt is awesome and I have cast that one.