The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 11:38 PM

rasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the roughrasputinj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Classic Trout is back....

Glad to see they brought it back the Classic trout is a great rod for the money.

My Guide
Taupo Turangi North Island New Zealand Fly fishing Guide
Old 12-02-2013, 07:55 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

If anybody sees a CT 4WT 8-0 on deep discount I would appreciate a heads up. Maybe an 8-6 but nothing longer for my intended use.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:32 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
If anybody sees a CT 4WT 8-0 on deep discount I would appreciate a heads up. Maybe an 8-6 but nothing longer for my intended use.
Ya just need to sit on Cabelas site and hit refresh every 15 minutes till they update stock.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:10 PM

Waterborne has a spectacular aura aboutWaterborne has a spectacular aura about

I really wanted to dislike my CT 7'6" 3 weight that I bought for high alpine backpacking simply because it was an inexpensive rod. After fishing it extensively then trying out more expensive rods, I realized how stupid I was. If I alreadly didn't have two 4 weights, I'd buy another CT without hesitation.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:48 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterborne View Post
I really wanted to dislike my CT 7'6" 3 weight that I bought for high alpine backpacking simply because it was an inexpensive rod. After fishing it extensively then trying out more expensive rods, I realized how stupid I was. If I alreadly didn't have two 4 weights, I'd buy another CT without hesitation.
That's my rod! As long as the wind ain't blowin it is my favorite by a wide margin. Just need to add something a bit heavier but short so I don't fight the 3WT when it shouldn't be used.