The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Rods (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/)
-   -   Classic Trout is back.... (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/330224-classic-trout-back.html)

jgros001 09-04-2013 07:07 AM

Classic Trout is back....

Was searching around to grab another Redington Classic Trout and my search took me to the Redington page which lists the CT rather than the Tempt now. Confirmed with customer service that the CT is back and Tempt will be no more.....minor cosmetic changes are all I was told will be different. I have read that some find a difference between the old CT and the Tempt so who knows....

gregnash 09-04-2013 09:34 AM

Re: Classic Trout is back....

Check out theClymb... just picked up a 9' 5wt CT for $79 to my door. Cabela's also has them on sale right now for $99.

44runner 09-04-2013 04:06 PM

I noticed that on Redington's site about a week ago.

The CT is one of the best light rods at any price point IMHO. Probably the best deal in fly rods. I absolutely love mine.

itchmesir 09-04-2013 06:15 PM

Redington is a very smart company. It realized with something as good as the CT it's best to just change nothing. CT is by far one of the best rods on the market whether you're talking price point or performance. Bravo Redington.

okbow68 09-04-2013 06:47 PM

How would you guys compare the CT with the pursuit series. I just had a pursuit rod and orvis reel stolen the other day so I am looking to replace the pursuit. Now I read this thread and had to ask about the CT.
Thanks

gregnash 09-04-2013 07:58 PM

Well you may be out of luck because looking at their site the Pursuit is not on there?!

caseywise 09-04-2013 08:01 PM

this may help you:)
Redington CT Classic Trout Fly Rods : Cabela's

casey

okbow68 09-04-2013 08:12 PM

Yes I understand they aren't on the website but they are still readily available. I just wondered if any one had experience with both.

itchmesir 09-04-2013 08:14 PM

At sub $100... I wouldn't think twice about replacing a pursuit with a CT.

gregnash 09-04-2013 08:24 PM

With my limited experience with two different redington rods (Crosswater 9' and Tempt 9') I have to say that if the Pursuit is anything like the Tempt/CT then it is a very nice, smooth moderate action rod. I was false casting in a decent wind and found that I could still do 40+' casts with relative ease. And that is me being completely new to fly fishing. The crosswater is rated as a mod/fast action rod and there was a difference between the two in action, but I really liked the feel of the Tempt for what I fish. So the new CT should be here next week sometime so I will have a better feel next weekend.