The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 PM

mysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to all
Default In search of a BIIT 4wt

I cannot resist the lure of the 'green' rods any longer , regret selling my WT 2wt a while ago, so want to get a BIIT. Long shot ...but does anyone know where I could get a new 8' or 8'6" 4wt BIIT on sale? Looks like the ones I found on sale were the 3wts.

Thanks

Last edited by mysticm; 09-07-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:02 PM

cletus will become famous soon enoughcletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: In search of a BIIT 4wt

Try Anglers Habitat in Nampa, ID, AAFlyfishing in PA, and Madison River Flyfishing Company in Ennis, MT. I have bought rods from all three, great shops/owners. Anglers Habitat and AA have BIITs listed on ebay, MRFC typically gets additional rods from Winston once Winston discontinues a rod. Good luck, i own 4 BIITs and love them.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:02 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

new in package 7 1/2 ' B2T 4wt 500.00 shipped
Old 09-08-2013, 02:24 PM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough

There is a 8ft6in 4wt on ebay now,3 hours to go,current bid is 300.00.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:57 PM

mysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by r reese View Post
new in package 7 1/2 ' B2T 4wt 500.00 shipped
Thanks for the offer Reese, hoping to get one from a authorized retailer to preserve the warranty (especially if I am dropping 5 bills on one)
Old 09-08-2013, 06:17 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I can check my shop out sometime this week and see if they've got one.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-09-2013, 03:50 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

it does have warranty card new rod bought several on closeout I sell a few rods and reels from time to time
Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 PM

mtbusman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticm View Post
I cannot resist the lure of the 'green' rods any longer , regret selling my WT 2wt a while ago, so want to get a BIIT. Long shot ...but does anyone know where I could get a new 8' or 8'6" 4wt BIIT on sale? Looks like the ones I found on sale were the 3wts.

Thanks
It's been some weeks from your original post. Just in case you haven't found a rod with a warranty yet, there are still come B2ts on sale. There are several 4 weights for auction on ebay from Winston dealers, so they come with a valid warranty card.

Also, if you do a search on ebay for Fishwest's offerings and filter it down to fly rods, you can scroll down and find both some B2ts and (drum roll, please!) some WTs up for auction. I was really surprised to see this, since WTs are a special order item and have been so for years. You'll have to scroll through a lot of rods to find them, but they are there. Or, at least they were two days ago.

If you don't want to buy through an ebay auction, Fishwest has a few B2ts on a closeout sale. I looked around and didn't find may other on line shops that still had some closeout B2ts available. Most of those are already gone.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I think fish west have winston rods on sale, not sure if the IIT is there

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-15-2013, 04:50 AM

Hi Guys, I purchased the 480-4 & 486-4 from one of the fly shops for a great price a couple of weeks ago. My intent was that I would keep the model that I liked best but after trying them out, I found that there is enough of a difference between the two that I kept both . I had the chance to give the rods a good workout during my recent fishing trip and now I officially have been bitten by the 'Green bug'

I will post my trip report this week-end after I have the chance to process some of the pictures but the BIIT's performed flawlessly