The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 08:44 PM

06 KJ Sport is on a distinguished road
Default Kunan Fly Rods

I was recently given a Kunan Graphite 5-6wt rod. Does anybody know anything about these rods?? I have tried to research them on the net but dont seem to come up with alot. Are they any good? Worth anything?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kunan Fly Rods

I believe it's a cheaper import from Korea.
Honestly don't think it would be a good rod for every day use, it would probably make a decent back up rod to have on hand for emergencies.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-12-2008, 11:41 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

i can't offer anything about it directly since i do not have it my hands and cannot cast it. i conducted a google search and came up with many references to them. but it was always spelled kunnan, not kunan. some references to their factory burning down years ago and then they went out of business. are you asking in an attempt to sell it? if not, i wouldn't worry too much about what they're worth monetarily. just go out and fish it. unles you have no interest in that of course...

eric
fresno ca.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:33 AM

Joe D is on a distinguished road

I had one of those, it was a long time ago... early 1980's. If I remember correctly the butt of the rod looked woven. Anyway, it was my first fly rod for steelhead and worked fine. If I had one in the early eighties I'm sure it was inexpensive.

It can't be worth much, but if you like it and fish with it then it's worth a lot...

Enjoy!

Joe
Old 02-13-2008, 07:37 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

they were wanted alot by steelheaders in the 80's not a bad rod for then...alot in canada...enjoy it..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 02-13-2008, 10:52 AM

burk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really nice

They were a Tennis Racket / Golf club Company that decided to get into graphite fishing rods during the early days of graphite (late 70's). They used very high quality graphite for the time, and were a good value. The actions, some good, some not so good. They didn't stay in the tackle business for long, but continued for a while in golf club shafts.