The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 06:33 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about
Default Hardy zenith one piece rod

I really don't how to explain how this rods feels to cast and fishes but WHOA ! I got a 8'10" 5 wt. zenith couple weeks ago just had the chance to fish it today. It is a true line wt. rod, lightest 5 wt rod that I have ever seen I couldn't believe how it felt. It feels like you are fishing a 2 wt. cast and fishes as a 5 wt. easy casting rod it feels so alive in action . It is amazing how much more alive without ferrules to damping the cast. I have been looking for a great rod for several years that I could WHOA about.after experience all the latest offering in Sage Winston and G loomis this is a hit with me. My buddy was fishing a Sage XP 5 wt. after fishing and casting the zenith the Sage felt like 9wt in my hand. All I can say now if you are looking for a change in fly rods give zenith a look. Yes I have read all the hype of next generation fly rods but haven't found until now ,it fits me. So I bought a 4wt also, next time out looking forward to fishing it.
mcnerney, waterfordcreek and fox like this.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hardy zenith one piece rod

I didn't know there were 1 piece rods that long, how do you transport it?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-30-2013, 07:11 PM

I have a rod carrier in my jeep it lays straight through when I fits hi always rig my rods before I leave home place In rod carrier I will keep my 4piece rods for long travel. But might have get a 4 piece zenith for travel
mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That sounds smart actually. When I either am moving (by truck) along a river or staying close by, I like to rig my rod up and use my rod carrier. It's very cool when you pull into an access area and are ready to go. No putting sections together, no tying on the fly, no nutnin, just go fish
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-30-2013, 08:16 PM

When I ordered the rod I did not think of how long the tube would be , but when it arrived I was kind of shocked how long it was. Then how was I going to store this monster it wouldn't stand up in my garage. But had some hanging shelves so I hung to the shelve but worked very well no problem. The rod tube is large enough to store two rods. Problem solved. Excited about this rod such a difference that I had expected . Having read all the hype about several rod company's about the latest and greatest but have been disappointed in my last purchase and this lived up to or exceeded all the hype couldn't be happier .
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the world of the Zeniths.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:43 AM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Very interesting......

Hmmmmmmm

Jim
Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

I do not own a one piece Zenith but have cast several and they are phenomenal. Sure, they are for guides or anglers that fish via truck or boat not plane. They are NOT 4 piece rods sans ferrules; they are a quite different, designed from scratch, one piece taper that, good as Zenith /Proaxis are, feel and perform better. I have been lusting over the 8'10"/#4 for almost a year now for my local fishing...it blows my 8 1/2'/#4 4pc. Zenith away. UPS makes shipping anything above 9' problematic, hence the 8'10" length to fit in a tube in a 9' box for both the Hardy and Loomis NRX one piece rods. Oh, I want the 9-weight too.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a Hardy Zenith 8 ft 6" 5 wt a couple months ago when they were being discounted, it is just an amazing rod, my personal favorite. Now you guys have me Jones'n for the Hardy Zenith One Piece! Will this hardware addiction never end!

Old 10-31-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I bought a Hardy Zenith 8 ft 6" 5 wt a couple months ago when they were being discounted, it is just an amazing rod, my personal favorite. Now you guys have me Jones'n for the Hardy Zenith One Piece! Will this hardware addiction never end!
Why should it end , new toys are great . He who ends with the most toys WINS !
mcnerney likes this.