Help me find Redington CT 2wt/3wt

phishaolic

Reaction score
I have been looking for a sale on the CT 2wt 7'6" or the 3wt 7'6 on sale but i have not had any luck luck.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
You might want to hurry if you want that price on a particular size. Their CT inventory changes with the wind (at least the ones on sale anyway). They were not listing any 3WTs when I looked just a couple days ago.

Last edited:

phishaolic

Reaction score
The clymb no longer has them, they are sold out and I only ever saw the 5wt. I think that I might just pick up the 3wt 8'6" from Cabelas, then look for an Echo Carbon 2wt 7'3". I was bidding on one ebay and the seller pulled the rod 12 hours from the end.

Last edited:

jimp

Reaction score
The clymb no longer has them, they are sold out and I only ever saw the 5wt. I think that I might just pick up the 3wt 8'6" from Cabelas, then look for an Echo Carbon 2wt 7'3". I was bidding on one ebay and the seller pulled the rod 12 hours from the end.
I got a CT 4 wt from the Clymb a few weeks ago. Got lucky I guess. ;)

phishaolic

Reaction score
I just picked up the 3wt 8'6 from Cabelas today for $75 shipped they had free shipping on all orders thru 12/4. Now I need a spare spool from orvis battenkill III I am going to watch ebay for one.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
So what is the "gem" rod of the range then?
First of all welcome to the forum. The "gem" is going to be completely dependent on your intended use. I don't think many of us have cast more than a few of them. My streams are ridiculously tight for casting due to streamside brush. A 3WT 7-6 is my favorite rod. Add some rod length if your conditions allow and it will cast farther. Many fans of the 3WT and 4WT in the 8 to 8-6 lengths. Only complaints I have ever read on the net for any CT were longer 5WT CTs. Just a little too whippy for some folks, others like them just fine. Hope that helped.