The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 8 Post By jbird
  • 1 Post By williamhj
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By stl_geoff
  • 4 Post By jbird
  • 1 Post By ted4887
  • 1 Post By isaiah20

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 10:06 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Just ordered my Mangrove!

The last time I fished before the world froze solid, I fished a TFO mangrove 10wt for Musky. I haven't been more impressed with a fly rod in a very long time. I knew this spring I'd be getting one. Todays the day! Just placed my order with Bearsden Ordered some premium bucktail and a few other goodies to tie some meat to throw at some "green back hate missiles"
Old 03-31-2014, 10:12 PM

williamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant future
Default Re: Just ordered my Mangrove!

Very nice! Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Think I'm going to pick one up as well for Musky fishing in your neck of the (north) woods
jbird likes this.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jay: Congrats on the new Musky rod! I can't wait to read a report that you hooked into one of those monsters and how the rod performed, best of luck!

Larry
jbird likes this.

Larry
Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
"green back hate missiles"
I like this name very well.
jbird likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-07-2014, 08:07 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

You cant accuse me of not being ready!! Man, I can not wait to throw this gun around some gators!!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:56 PM

ted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to all

Jbird - Nice flies and rod man! I just ordered a few of the Mangroves the other day too. Really excited to put them to work!

Now that the warmwater portion of the Namekagon is open, I'm really dying to get back at it. It's only a matter of time until this winter is a thing of the past.
jbird likes this.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:50 AM

isaiah20 is on a distinguished road

I have a 6 wt I love for carp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbird likes this.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:08 PM

k9mark is on a distinguished road

I was at a fly shop expo today here in Sacramento and I had the opportunity to test cast several eight weight rods as im in the market for one. Let me tell you the one I kept coming back to was the Mangrove. What a sweet casting rod. I was lauching line over sixty feet without any effort with accuracy. So many of the rods today are too fast for the average caster like myself and the Mangrove was such a pleasure to cast with. Obviously, this will be the rod Im getting.