The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 02:14 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough
Default Featherlight In Action

I know there's a few more fans already using them here but I just got to put mine to work.

I own some decent rods already but something seems to mystify me with the thought of fishing with a rod that costs less then 30$.

Click the image to open in full size.

I love the action on the rod so far. Just perfect for some small stream trout. I rigged it up to throw some buggers and 3rd cast I deflowered this rods purity!

I brought my graphite stick with rigged for nymphing but failed to make it out of the trunk. I had a blast with this little yellow rod.

I'm not looking to say this is a better product then more expensive rods. It just matched well to the small streams and was a heck of a lot of fun to fish!
mcnerney, pszy22, jpbfly and 8 others like this.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:36 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Featherlight In Action

Nice report.

What line do you use on your featherlight?
buddhist_palm likes this.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:46 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Best buy on the market! Have bought 2 for myself and ended up giving both to good friends who love them. Nice report!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a perfect setup for small stream fishing, congrats!

Larry

Old 04-13-2014, 03:20 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
What line do you use on your featherlight?

A cheap DT 5

Rod + Reel + Line < $100

Is it weird I wanna put the rod in a sock and tube?
troutnut4 likes this.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:46 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

I have 2 fl rods and enjoy both.
great bluegill/crappie rods and a
blast to fish with

casey

ARFE
Old 04-13-2014, 09:51 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist_palm View Post
A cheap DT 5

Rod + Reel + Line < $100

Is it weird I wanna put the rod in a sock and tube?
Mine sits in the back window
Old 04-14-2014, 05:32 PM

superbike1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist_palm View Post
I know there's a few more fans already using them here but I just got to put mine to work.

I own some decent rods already but something seems to mystify me with the thought of fishing with a rod that costs less then 30$.

I love the action on the rod so far. Just perfect for some small stream trout. I rigged it up to throw some buggers and 3rd cast I deflowered this rods purity!

I brought my graphite stick with rigged for nymphing but failed to make it out of the trunk. I had a blast with this little yellow rod.

I'm not looking to say this is a better product then more expensive rods. It just matched well to the small streams and was a heck of a lot of fun to fish!
I just ordered one of these today. I read too many reviews to let a good deal pass me up. I just fish for gills and bass anyway but love to catch them on the fly. This rod hopefully will bend with the best of them. I have never owned a fiberglass rod and am looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the info and pics.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:45 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Love mine.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike1 View Post
I just ordered one of these today. I read too many reviews to let a good deal pass me up. I just fish for gills and bass anyway but love to catch them on the fly. This rod hopefully will bend with the best of them. I have never owned a fiberglass rod and am looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the info and pics.

Just don't expect this as a fast action high performance stick and you won't be let down.

Entry level glass could lead you down a whole new path