The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By jastrout
  • 2 Post By mojo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 PM

jastrout is on a distinguished road
Default Allen Heritage 9' 5 wght

First a few disclaimers: 1. I am no SweetandSalt . 2. I am a gear addict 3. I am impressed with Allen business model 4. This is a heck of nice rod!! My analysis will fall way short of the expertise of S&S who is very talented fly fisherman . I have zero reason to ever buy another rod as I favor high end custom glass built by close friends and/or Sage LL, SLT. ZXL , Winston WT , etc. Why did I buy this rod? Totally enjoyed meeting owners at trade shows and by their attitude shown on this forum. Enough history on to the rod. This is an outstanding buy at list price of $209 and to pick it up at $149 is criminal . Quality of built very solid , reel seat is beyond the price point and overall finish is again in line with rods 2X cost. Casting ismedium progressive action in my hands. I can not go into all the details a better caster will bring to the table. IMHO it is damn close to a Sage SLT action. I will not go to foreign blank discussion but simply say this is great medium action rod that solid level in the range any one can buy.
mojo, shortyb, mridenour and 1 others like this.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:39 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Allen Heritage 9' 5 wght

Thanks for the review. And as for #1 disclaimer, don't apologize, it's in plain English and quick to the point. What I like to read.
shortyb and mridenour like this.