The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 06:21 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: For SCOTT ROD Fans...

Have never owned a Scott, but am glad they're still around! Have cast a few of them at shows, but don't know enough about them to have an opinion about how they cast. I can't remember what rods I own now, so no way could I recall what models those might have been anyway!

My fondest memory of Scott however is an ad they had in the major fly fishing magazines many years back. The ad that depicted an angler on the front of a flats boat yanking a guy off a jet ski, with the guide cheering on his client! How many of us would have loved to be able to do that?

The whole thing was staged as it turned out, but you got to give them credit for the idea & the guts to use it in an ad! I'm sure today with all this PC **** it wouldn't be considered proper!

If I had had the cash to buy a new rod at the time, I would have bought a Scott just because of that ad! You got to love a rod company with that kind of attitude!
coolkyle, mcnerney, grouch and 1 others like this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:40 AM

fireroad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jastrout View Post
Get rid of the G2?? Why? Only if they brought back the G or certain models of the G. Realized not a do all type rod by no means but never was intended to do so. Love my 8'8" 5 and heard the 8'8" length in both 3 & 4 weights pretty sweet as well.
Yup, no reason to get rid of the G2. I like my 8"8' 5wt as well and wouldn't mind adding the 8'4" 4wt in the future.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:30 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Posted today on FB...

"We’ll be introducing new models and series over the next few days – keep an eye on our Facebook page, as we’ll be announcing them here first!
First up, new model additions to Radian – a 9’ 6” 5 weight and a 9’ 0” 9 weight.
These new Radian models will be available in late July, contact your local Scott dealer for specifics on availability."

PT/TB
mcnerney likes this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 07-09-2014, 08:12 PM

onthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura about

They posted new A4's today.

You know they are saving the best for last.

Tell you one thing.....

I love the colors on the women's A4! I'd buy it!

Tell you another thing.....

I love what Scott is doing!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:20 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

BOO...

"Our new SC cane series is finally here. We’re pleased to introduce our new three piece SC rods designed and built in collaboration with Naoki Hashimoto of Hokkaido, Japan.
Three models, all 3 piece: a 7’ 2” 3 weight, a 7’ 2” 4 weight, and a 7’ 7” 4 weight.
Delivery is just starting, ask your local Scott dealer for information on availability."

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 07-10-2014, 11:48 AM

onthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by planettrout View Post
BOO...

"Our new SC cane series is finally here. We’re pleased to introduce our new three piece SC rods designed and built in collaboration with Naoki Hashimoto of Hokkaido, Japan.
Three models, all 3 piece: a 7’ 2” 3 weight, a 7’ 2” 4 weight, and a 7’ 7” 4 weight.
Delivery is just starting, ask your local Scott dealer for information on availability."

PT/TB

saw that.....

they are sexy as hell. much nicer than the other cane rods they offered. Scott will start making a dent if they keep this up.

Can not wait to see the new "tide".
Old 07-10-2014, 06:33 PM

fireroad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehunt View Post
They posted new A4's today.

You know they are saving the best for last.

Tell you one thing.....

I love the colors on the women's A4! I'd buy it!

Tell you another thing.....

I love what Scott is doing!
Where did you see new A4's? I see where they have woman's model Radian similar to the A4s. It's time to bring out an A5!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroad View Post
Where did you see new A4's? I see where they have woman's model Radian similar to the A4s. It's time to bring out an A5!

You are correct.

I miss read it!
Old 07-13-2014, 05:58 PM

Well folks.....

Here you go.....

Scott Tidal Series 907-4 saltwater fly rod

Kind of disappointed. I thought it would be an S4s replacement. Oh well, the week is young.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:58 AM

mdogs444 is on a distinguished road

Was really hoping for a new switch rod series that was stiffer, similar to that of the old Sage TCX (aka Deathstar).