Orvis Superfine Touch on sale

plecain

Reaction score
Orvis has reduced the price of all the Superfine Touch rods to $295.

Before this, only the smallest ones were that price.

flywatersmallie

Reaction score
Those rods are the real deal. I own a bunch of them (6). Tough to beat at the price offered. In fact, I think they are great rods at any price.

repperson29

Reaction score
For those looking to match it with a cfo reel, there is one on the auction site that's a limited edition green and gold reel, would look awesome with the sft

Ryan

J

james w 3 3

That's a great deal, but I'm going to wait until January for the new Superfine Carbon.
The photos I've seen make me drool a bit, classy, very classy!
Can't tell if they got away from the unsanded blank, but they did DROP the price for the new one, $425 is what is planned.

Like I need another 4wt . . . :rolleyes:

flywatersmallie

Reaction score
That's a great deal, but I'm going to wait until January for the new Superfine Carbon.
Can't tell if they got away from the unsanded blank, but they did DROP the price for the new one, $425 is what is planned.

They're still unsanded.

rockriver

Reaction score

Where did you find the photo's of the Superfine Carbon? I would like to grab a 9 ft. 5 wt. for my group to keep company with.

runningfish

Reaction score
I grabbed the 5wt 7'6" Free shipping today from Orvis and put my glass rod building project until next summer. I have a good feeling that the 5wt will be the quarterback in the team. This purchase basically completed my line up of 3,4,5,8 wt single hands and 2 double hands.

Last edited:

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I was at the Somerset Fly Tying Show last Saturday...it was about tying of course but there were several tackle companies there too. New Douglas Outdoors had a booth and I learned that with their NY built rods still many months away, their $350 quality built S.Korean DXF rods will be available very soon but the big surprise was a mini-series of light line sub 9' rods, from the same quality oriented Korean rod shop. Not yet named, I cast the biggest one, an 8'8"/#4. High modulus graphite, supper slender, handsomely finished in a pale olive color with graphite spigot ferrules, cork, down locking, sliding band reel seats the same color as their impressive NY made spring and pawl reels; these rods have a deliberate but not numb flex profile and a sense of delicacy and in-close loading from a leader length out to perhaps 50' that any aspirant to Superfine ownership should definitely cross-shop. These are contemporary tapers not warmed over hits from yesteryear. The full range will apparently be available to test cast at Somerset and the other Fly Fishing Shows this Winter. These rods were field tested on the Beaverkill/Willowemoc by a product development man who knows his stuff. In the mid $300's, the #4 is in my future.