The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By eastfly66
  • 3 Post By runningfish
  • 5 Post By fredaevans
  • 2 Post By james w 3 3
  • 2 Post By hairwing530
  • 2 Post By planettrout
  • 1 Post By sweetandsalt
  • 1 Post By eastfly66

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2014, 06:24 AM

eastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really nice
Default A couple rods popular for sale

I spotted these used rods and thought I might pass it along here.

A Sage One 905 for $400 and a couple Orvis " All Rounder" for $125/150 (Early 1980's).

I can vouch for the vendor (as can others on this site) , when they say "Excellent Condition" , it is near brand new and they have a excellent trade in program.

Used & Clearance Fly Fishing Equipment -* UpCountry Sportfishing on the Farmington River

There is also a G2 8'8" #5

It is a good thing the shop is a 2 hour drive for me , my common sense does not always prevail.
shifty242 and photoguy like this.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:37 AM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all
Default Re: A couple rods popular for sale

"It is a good thing the shop is a 2 hour drive for me , my common sense does not always prevail"

Or 2 clicks away and my common sense doesn't always prevail either.
Bad Santa....bad Santa!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 03:02 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
"It is a good thing the shop is a 2 hour drive for me , my common sense does not always prevail"

Or 2 clicks away and my common sense doesn't always prevail either.
Bad Santa....bad Santa!!!
When it comes to purchasing 'fly fishing gear' there's almost zero available here in Southern Oregon. Speed dial on my cell phone takes me to a large shop east of Portland.

Words of 'terror,' 'We don't need your credit card number Fred, we have it on file.'
Old 12-12-2014, 04:02 PM

james w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post

Words of 'terror,' 'We don't need your credit card number Fred, we have it on file.'
When I call my local shop their caller ID rats me out . . . they answer "Hi Jim!"
hairwing530 and eastfly66 like this.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:29 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Hmmm?? A 7-weight in among the 6-weights... Well, the two "vintage" Orvis rods are of the "Graphites" class, and I don't have a 7-weight... And, I do take the occasional "deep-woods lake trip" with one of my cronies from time to time... And, the lake does have a lot of bass in it...

eastfly66... If I end up buying another rod because of your post, I'm giving "The Speaker of the House" your e-mail address!!!

Jerry, aka hairwing530
eastfly66 and photoguy like this.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:27 PM

eastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Hmmm?? A 7-weight in among the 6-weights... Well, the two "vintage" Orvis rods are of the "Graphites" class, and I don't have a 7-weight... And, I do take the occasional "deep-woods lake trip" with one of my cronies from time to time... And, the lake does have a lot of bass in it...

eastfly66... If I end up buying another rod because of your post, I'm giving "The Speaker of the House" your e-mail address!!!

Jerry, aka hairwing530
I thought of you and Ard when I spotted the 2 Orvis. I believe Ard prefers the pre 1980 series with the down locking seat. If I recall Jerry they called them "excellent condition " if that is so they are probably like new. If you email they are pretty quick to respond even off hours and Grady seems to be an early riser like us , he has replied to me at 0500 before.

No Problem , I will be happy to smooth it over with Debbi for you !

BTW : if you click on the photo it will give you a close up.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:12 PM

fr8dog is on a distinguished road

With all due respect, are these folks legit? I've not seen this site before and there's a couple things I'm looking at. I'm pretty sure if you guys post it up, it's OK. Just ease my mind.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:32 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
With all due respect, are these folks legit? I've not seen this site before and there's a couple things I'm looking at. I'm pretty sure if you guys post it up, it's OK. Just ease my mind.
Upcountry is definitely legit...my son visits that shop on a fairly regular basis...

PT/TB
hairwing530 and fr8dog like this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 12-13-2014, 06:22 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

I should opine that despite the retro popularity of early Orvis graphite rods, the All Rounder is not the sweet spot that the Far&Fine and Trout (especially the rare 3-pc. version) were.
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
Yes, they are the real deal.
fr8dog likes this.